Chiro One Wellness Centers

www.chiroone.net
  www.chiroone.net
There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers

Great place if you don't have your own life.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician
Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Very stable schedule, you always get a three day weekend except for one Friday a month that is the company meeting, pay is pretty decent (if you don’t have a college degree) once you get past the training stage, it's a can be a decent work environment if you have a well staffed office with flexible coworkers, who are hard workers.

Cons

Unfortunately I didn't have a well staffed office with flexible coworkers, who were hard workers.

Work environment varies wildly betweens offices. If you don’t have flexible co-workers it can make your job worse. For example the hours are pretty ridiculous. You are expected to be there well before opening (so about 6:30 a.m.) till the work is done, which can be as late as 8:30 and never before 7:30. There is no rotation between co-workers unless they want to. So every week I was there for more than 12 hours four days a week on average. Now, you do get about a two and half hour break each day, which sounds great, but it’s not. If had a busy morning, you’re expected to stay and finish all the work, and if you don’t live near home there is not a lot you can do in that time except eat out and shop.

They say they care about the patients, but they don’t teach you anything real about the body. All the material you study during four weeks of training is scripts. It’s all about selling their services. I thought we’d actually learn real anatomy, blood pressure (especially since you have to take the pt’s blood pressure, but they don’t teach you how to read it. When I asked my Dr., he said there’s a reason we weren’t taught it, because we don’t need to know it.).

Training is also rough because the "teacher" they have is pretty ridiculous. She claims she doesn't do favorites, but she does worse than any teacher I've seen. There was absolutely no structure to the course. It was hilarious, she gave us a syllabus a week and a half after we started, but we were already off from it. So it did not help at all. She takes long smoke breaks and always got off topic and would goof off. Then, we would get behind and she get mad at us. She's also extremely moody. Unless you were her favorite, she would get so snotty and down right rude if you asked questions, because you didn't understand something.

The way they charge the patients is absolutely ridiculous. Just one example is how they charge so much for printing out exercises after they’ve taken a “computer test”. They sell the exercises under the idea that it’s what’s going to best for them based on their test results. Nope the Dr. comes up with a series of standard exercises that he gives to patients depending upon what care plan they are on. So everyone filters through the same exercises.

Please show actual concern for employees and patients. Quit selling your product. Please screen doctors better! The doctor I worked for was very condescending, had no personality, even the patients didn’t like him that much. And one of the doctors I was in training with was appalling! He was rude, egotistical, not a team player, and condescending. Work on creating a less stressful environment, give a place for employees to grow (not just the cute, young ones), hire better doctors, offer just a bit of flexibility to the schedule, and keeps offices well staffed.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers (View Most Recent)

lots of ups and downs. communication is HORRIBLE

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

adjustments are free when you work there

Cons

management doesnt seem to care for their employees

listen to your employees and care more about them. Better communication!!!!

Fun Environment

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Fun Environment, you get to meet a whole lot of new people, on the job training to obtain your state license to take xrays, four day work weeks, can get time off work if needed, incentives to work harder, company seems to care about employees, company growing fast

Cons

terrible starting pay, no PTO until you're there for one year, no personal or sick days, PTO does not roll over, cheap company-supplies they use, Corporate is not willing to go the extra mile if something cost more, no room for growth unless you're a doc, hard to get bonuses, long days, every clinic has to be the same, no massage, or acupuncture in the clinics (hence the name 'wellness' center should imply that there are more than one option) Corporate and head of company does not practice what they preach to the employees

Take into consideration what your employees want more. Make room for growth in the company for employees other than docs. Consider PTO directly after hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers