Chiro One Wellness Centers

www.chiroone.net
  www.chiroone.net
There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers

If you're not all about money, this can be an okay job for you

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely 100% the patients mad working there the best. I worked for Chiro One for almost 2 years and the patients and the staff that I was fortunate enough to have kept me in it. I was fortunate to be able to work with a DC and CA's who didn't have giant egos and were very welcoming and family oriented. It made it fun for everyone.

Cons

The pay can be very low. I worked in Kentucky (when they still had clinics), and was paid $9.86/hr salaried. We'd be paid for 40 hours of work despite almost all of the clinics putting in well over 40 hours. It wasn't that we were trying to get overtime, it's that we had to stay late either for doctor's reports/breakouts, or the paperwork piled up. The Kentucky and Texas clinics were always viewed as the "red-headed stepchildren" of Chiro One...always viewed as "out there." Corporate would always pass down completely backwards rules that were just...stupid. Like the color that certain forms had to be, and how no two DCs or even owners could agree on what was "correct." All team meetings were joke; simply a brag fest with inflated numbers. It was always "we're doing so good!" Clearly not doing well enough to keep clinics open. Cultish behavior and environment. Former employees were viewed as inferior or lesser following either their dismissal or when they chose to leave to do other things. "They weren't good enough to be Chiro One" was a common phrase thrown around about employees who gave everything they had to a company that views CAs, especially GOOD CAs, as dispensible.

Drop the cultish behavior and the David Singer tactics. That's what's killing your company. Chiro One has the potential to do a lot of good in this world. But you gotta stop screwing people (CAs, DCs, patients) over all the time. If you're going to have a contest for clinics for IRs with a cash bonus, don't say it's tax free and then proceed to take taxes out. Drop the hard sales tactics where you inadvertently threaten potential patients. I know it's your job to get patients to "convert" (a term I always hated), but you can do it without having a built in system of belittlement.

Chiro One Wellness Centers Response

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Just like the reviewer, Chiro One believes our patients make everything we do worthwhile! We’re truly committed to creating a clinical setting based on procedures and protocols that allows us to ... More

54 Other Employee Reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers (View Most Recent)

You get "adjusted" for a reason... Pain to work for!!!

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- flexible schedule
    - work from home
    - great health insurance plan (ESP for a chiropractor)
    - PTO time is good

Cons

- consistently changing policies
    - communication not consistent or stream lined
    - when you're "under performing" or in the dog house you know it and it's visible bc ppl won't even speak to you
    - "cult" / drink the kool aid feel and if you don't buy in, you're out
    - 7a Monday "training" meetings that are anything but that
    - essentially you're soliciting other business' saying you're bringing them "health and wellness" goals... Then have to get what you can before the relationship is shut down by corp
    - "acknowledgements" for everything and no plan to help you achieve your goals
    - very under developed on boarding / training system for the event development position
    - company is focused around the CER position and they are compensated VERY well
    - $150 "gas" check, when you drive much more than that in a month

Be more truthful with people about what the position(s) are and what you're really doing. The company shut down 2 markets seemingly over the wk and 100s of ppl lost their jobs with no severance pay. They are 100% correct when they tell you, "the only thing you can expect at chiro one is CHANGE" bc that happens on a daily and consistent bases and it's not change for the good.

In closure, I hope the company can pull it together in the 3rd and 4th Q - hopefully to a more "wellness" based approach and not just shove chiropractic down ppls throats... Chiropractic is helpful to some and not to so much for others... And that's ok... The vision is that "every human being discovers their FULL potential" right??? Well don't make it so darn uncomfortable when ppl shy away from chiropractic care and the methods that are being preached!

People are jumping ship like it's the Titanic in Oak Brook for a reason... Best of luck

Mindless labor for a company that only cares about revenue and repairing a bad image.

Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Doctor continuing education paid for if you enjoy sitting through Chiropractic Biophysics seminars.
    Paid malpractice insurance.
    Fridays usually off.

Cons

Ever changing protocols and procedures.
    Lack of appropriate compensation for the amount of patients and revenue brought into one of the few successful ChiroOne clinics.
    Poor management that only worsened after big shot marketing and accounting execs were hired.
    Charging people and their insurance $50 for 10 mins on a stair stepper is fraud in my opinion.

Do the chiropractic profession a favor and close.

Chiro One Wellness Centers Response

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Bringing in top-tier expertise for planned growth was, and is, a necessary step for Chiro One. However, organizational change—and even growth itself—is often uncomfortable, especially when combined ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers