There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers

If you're not all about money, this can be an okay job for you

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely 100% the patients mad working there the best. I worked for Chiro One for almost 2 years and the patients and the staff that I was fortunate enough to have kept me in it. I was fortunate to be able to work with a DC and CA's who didn't have giant egos and were very welcoming and family oriented. It made it fun for everyone.

Cons

The pay can be very low. I worked in Kentucky (when they still had clinics), and was paid $9.86/hr salaried. We'd be paid for 40 hours of work despite almost all of the clinics putting in well over 40 hours. It wasn't that we were trying to get overtime, it's that we had to stay late either for doctor's reports/breakouts, or the paperwork piled up. The Kentucky and Texas clinics were always viewed as the "red-headed stepchildren" of Chiro One...always viewed as "out there." Corporate would always pass down completely backwards rules that were just...stupid. Like the color that certain forms had to be, and how no two DCs or even owners could agree on what was "correct." All team meetings were joke; simply a brag fest with inflated numbers. It was always "we're doing so good!" Clearly not doing well enough to keep clinics open. Cultish behavior and environment. Former employees were viewed as inferior or lesser following either their dismissal or when they chose to leave to do other things. "They weren't good enough to be Chiro One" was a common phrase thrown around about employees who gave everything they had to a company that views CAs, especially GOOD CAs, as dispensible.

Advice to Management

Drop the cultish behavior and the David Singer tactics. That's what's killing your company. Chiro One has the potential to do a lot of good in this world. But you gotta stop screwing people (CAs, DCs, patients) over all the time. If you're going to have a contest for clinics for IRs with a cash bonus, don't say it's tax free and then proceed to take taxes out. Drop the hard sales tactics where you inadvertently threaten potential patients. I know it's your job to get patients to "convert" (a term I always hated), but you can do it without having a built in system of belittlement.

Chiro One Wellness Centers Response

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Just like the reviewer, Chiro One believes our patients make everything we do worthwhile! We’re truly committed to creating a clinical setting based on procedures and protocols that allows us to ... More

reviews filtered by

Mindless labor for a company that only cares about revenue and repairing a bad image.

Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Doctor continuing education paid for if you enjoy sitting through Chiropractic Biophysics seminars.
    Paid malpractice insurance.
    Fridays usually off.

Cons

Ever changing protocols and procedures.
    Lack of appropriate compensation for the amount of patients and revenue brought into one of the few successful ChiroOne clinics.
    Poor management that only worsened after big shot marketing and accounting execs were hired.
    Charging people and their insurance $50 for 10 mins on a stair stepper is fraud in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Do the chiropractic profession a favor and close.

Chiro One Wellness Centers Response

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Bringing in top-tier expertise for planned growth was, and is, a necessary step for Chiro One. However, organizational change—and even growth itself—is often uncomfortable, especially when combined ... More

Downsizing

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The patients is what made the job, I loved working with them. I loved seeing them get better with each visit.

Cons

Everything is so regulated like in another review from the color paper to use and what order to fax it to what to say to the patient on the phone and in person using scripts. The pay was low compared to other offices. There was no time for family you worked odd hours plus the time you where off you where learning scripts and trying to "better yourself with knowledge of chiropractic. Your time off and sick time was all in one so if you took vacation time then got sick you had no time to use. There seemed to be a cult mentality with the management and I have heard people say that if the person quit or was fired that they where not good enough. Like me I was forced to quit if that had not happened I might have still been there, but they closed everyone of the chiro ones in the state of Kentucky.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, do not regulate so much who cares what color the paper is. Don't worry about scripts as long as the employee is curtius on the phone and in person.