Chiro One Wellness Centers

www.chiroone.net
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers

Leaving was the best decision I ever made

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician
Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company except that I learned a lot about wellness from the Chiropractor I worked with. Loved all the patients.

Cons

- Although it was a 4 day work week, there were times when we worked more than 40 hrs.
- No more than 4 PTO every year because we got Fridays off. However, that wasn't our choice and we couldn't always revolve emergencies or sickness around those Fridays.
- No room to grow. I was told when I first got hired that we would have opportunities to make more money by becoming a team lead after two years and get an automatic 5k raise. However, when my review came around, they claimed they never said such thing and they no longer wanted to have a team lead position available.
- Process of getting new patients through the door is horrible. They have their "marketing" team sign people up at whatever times they want. They have no idea what other patients the clinics have. For example, the techs in each clinic would get new patients to come in but we know how to schedule them so we can spend some time with them for their first exam and give them good experience. However, the marketing team doesn't care that they schedule 7 different patients at the same time because all they care about is the money they get for each patient to sign up/come in for first appt and the management expects us to give each new patient the best care possible. Really? No sense of team work.

Learn to care more about your employees than money and fancy cars.
The entire senior management need to learn their own company values. I don't think they really know what they mean.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Chiro One Wellness Centers (View Most Recent)

They can run but they can't hide!

Former Employee - Billing, Marketing, Finance in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Billing, Marketing, Finance in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everything I used to think about the company I worked for is no longer the case because t is all smoke and mirrors. It had gotten to the point that when people asked me where I work, I was genuinely embarrassed to say "Chiro One" I have never seen more greed, egotism, nepotism, and deception. It is like a "shell game" with this company every single day, and business took quite a hit after some of the Insurance companies that Chiro One was billing were audited.

Cons

When the ship starts sinking, its time to jump in the rowboat as fast as possible, paddle fast and furiously and come up with a new strategy. The company just sold it's management group to a company called "The Medulla Group" the same day Chiro One auctioned off many of their assets, which was the morning of Friday, July 18, and the remaining employees were told they would be starting their first day with the new company, formerly known as Chiro One Ltd. but still going by the name Chiro One, on Monday, July 18. (All of this information is available to the public, as well as the information available through Google and Crain's Business which I highly encourage you to search.

Keep in mind the month of July, as it is a very significant month for Chiro One. It was just last year, in July of 2013, the owners were celebrating. Ernst & Young named Chiro One Wellness Centers its Midwest and it's CEO Entrepreneur Of The Year in the Healthcare category, marking the first time the prestigious award has gone to a chiropractic services provider. This is the Chiro One's third year as a finalist and first as a winner.

I would imagine the award is forever tarnished after having been given to a company that was fully aware of the direction it was headed 12 months ago. They did, however, put all those "chiropractic adjustments" to good use so they could stand up straight with head held high and walk on stage to accept the award in front of much more worthy and legitimate contenders. At the very least and at long last, the other finalists have finally got a bit of vindication.

Would you like to know about the way the company handles their finances and how fairly they deal with compensation? Please do yourself a favor and Google the Crain's article entitled "What Went Wrong with Once Fast Growing Chiro One" for the complete behind the scenes story about what is going on behind the curtain. All of the financials, the class action suit for unpaid wages moving forward by the Certified Technicians that work in every closed and existing Chiro One clinic, and the real story about Chiro One is there for all to read "in black and white". Also notice how Chiro One refused to comment and give their side of the story in the article, which is very telling in and of itself.

The bottom line is, there are so many companies you could work for. If your personal integrity is intact, do yourself a huge favor and keep walking. Find a company that is on the up and up and is worthy of YOU!

They decided to wage a losing war against their employees.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Their vision: Chiropractic care has amazing benefits and spreading that with the world is wonderful. I really became a believer in this branch of health care. They had a great healthcare plan for those who could afford it as well.

Cons

Major downsizing. Poor financial management. Unlimited spending without thinking about long term consequences. Prefers outside hires from unrelated fields over employees who would be good candidates for promotion. Focus on "branding" and "scripting" more than changes in the healthcare system and patient needs. First took away my ability to earn bonuses, then downgraded me from salary to hourly and cut my hours. I had to threaten a lawsuit because of the harassment I got for being pregnant (I was getting final warning notices for missing work due to regularly scheduled prenatal appointments, was made to clean the men's toilet base up until I gave birth pregnant and got verbal warnings for sitting down occasionally during contractions... I blame them for my baby being premature). They have fired plenty of people for being sick or pregnant (or having sick kids).

Grow up.