There are newer employer reviews for Chloe + Isabel

It's a Jewelry Party, let's not kid ourselves.

Current Employee - Merchandiser
Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful jewelry, well-made, fashion forward, worth the price. Way prettier than Silpada, Premier, and the like. All sales tools are provided online and are very comprehensive. You can tell how much employees who are doing well love what they do. The Facebook community is incredibly supportive and helpful to each other.

Cons

The sales tools for online selling don't necessarily work. While they tout themselves as direct sales for a new generation and geared toward social media, you can do everything recommended to you and still end up with $0 in sales. My own manager even told me that if I found the secret to making it work online to share it. The way to make money is still to hit up your friends and family first and build out from there. That is exactly what I wanted to avoid and don't live in the same city as most of the people I would ask to host a party anyway. That's why the online aspect of it really attracted me. But while they may use different terminology and catchier verbiage, the basics are not that different from other direct sales companies. One-on-one manager time depends on who you get. I got a dud. She missed our first meeting, didn't follow up once we did connect (I did), didn't provide me the things I asked for (like meeting up with other employees to get hands-on experience), etc. It's mostly self-taught, but to have that lack of guidance made it even harder. Because they're a new company, people in your same territory might be states away, so finding your own in-person support/learning system doesn't exist yet for some.

Advice to Management

Smaller territories, more hands-on teaching, be honest that it's still mostly a home jewelry party.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great opportunity to learn what it takes to have your own direct sales business

Current Employee - Merchandiser Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The quality product combined with training and support give you the chance to succeed while learning what skills you need, or need to develop to successfully run your own direct sales business. There is definitely opportunity to grow with the company and if you love jewelry, social media or both, you'll absolutely learn about both quickly.

Cons

The company is still young so it is still developing and learning best practices.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback from merchandisers and make changes when necessary.

Being successful at C+I is not only possible but EASY with the support of Merchandiser Community and the Sales Managers

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

C+I offers a fun and positive work environment with the quick turn around technical and sales support. Everyone....EVERYONE wants you to succeed. Merchandisers help each other out along with upper management. With the assortment of different social medias, and the quality jewelry, it is easy to make my sales goals. It is modern day shopping at it's best.

Cons

There was an unfortunate batch of damaged jewelry that somehow was distributed to my clients along with the good jewelry so I had to do quite a bit of returns. Personally, I am not a fan of being paid on the credit card but i think that is the way many businesses are headed.

Advice to Management

Turnaround time on damaged jewelry is way too slow. When it was for a possible future host for a C+I show, they expedited the shipping but I believe every customer is a potential Pop up Shop host, so there needs to be a more expedient avenue for exchanging damaged jewelry.