Choctaw Casino and Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Great opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor  in  Durant, OK
Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Durant, OK

I have been working at Choctaw Casino and Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. iv been working for DNC now for 4yr, win I stared I was a dishwasher. I'm now a Kitchen Sup. DNC is not the best to work for-but- they are not the worst. at my location we get a lot of OT and PTO

Cons

high turnover inconsistent schedule, at my site DNC dose not own the casino so in a way we get treated differently, we are vendors, police is always changing, laughable raises, no Christmas bonuses, we are made to work ALL holidays " black out days" but now we do not get holiday pay

16 Other Employee Reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts (View Most Recent)

hard work isn't as important as friendships...

I have been working at Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Pros

Almost always hiring for something, hard to get terminated, just show up and you can stay and get paid.

Cons

Hard working, dedicated employees are skipped over for promotions based on personal relationships and favoritism. Most of the management will stab you in the back while they smile in your face and throw you under the bus to make themselves look better.

I have worked at 3 different sites in my time at this company and how some people are still employeed is shocking. I have seen people steal, break rules, sleep on the job, have sex on the clock, be drunk at work, fail drug tests, and quit and come back 2 weeks later with a promotion. The hard workers have to work twice as hard to get half the credit, while the lifers that will never leave the company sit around and do nothing. Do a serious look at the staff you have and ask if that is the staff you want.

I loved working here but all good things must come to an end!

Current Employee - Cage Operations  in  Pocola, OK
    Current Employee - Cage Operations in Pocola, OK

I have been working at Choctaw Casino and Resorts part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When you get to know the regular customers tips are awesome.

Cons

Low pay and there is hardly ever any raises.
    No benefits for part-time employee's. They are getting rid of the pt benefits at the end of the year.
    Upper management is a joke. They have no clue what is going on in the casino. Also if you want to work here be prepared for all the favoritism that goes on. If you don't kiss ass you get nowhere.

This is an awesome place to work but a couple of the managers are useless. Higher management from Durant needs to come in and do an overhaul, especially with all the favoritism that has been going on and getting worse everyday.

There are newer employer reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Worked for Choctaw Casino and Resorts? Contribute to the Community!