Choctaw Casino and Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Great opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Durant, OK
Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Durant, OK

I have been working at Choctaw Casino and Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. iv been working for DNC now for 4yr, win I stared I was a dishwasher. I'm now a Kitchen Sup. DNC is not the best to work for-but- they are not the worst. at my location we get a lot of OT and PTO

Cons

high turnover inconsistent schedule, at my site DNC dose not own the casino so in a way we get treated differently, we are vendors, police is always changing, laughable raises, no Christmas bonuses, we are made to work ALL holidays " black out days" but now we do not get holiday pay

18 Other Employee Reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts (View Most Recent)

Horrible but beggars can't be choosers.

I worked at Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Pros

If you are full time you are eligible for benefits. Insurance, paid leave and lots of holidays. If you are part time you don't get anything. They recently moved many positions to part time because of the new health care laws.

Cons

You are not allowed to take time off. Your holiday float time is only for 6 months and management does not like employees to use their earned time. There is little to no advancement opportunity for non tribal employees.

Upper management/ directors should try to listen to the employees. They often side with mid level managers or supervisors on situations without hearing both sides. They have lost a lot of good talent.

hard work isn't as important as friendships...

I have been working at Choctaw Casino and Resorts

Pros

Almost always hiring for something, hard to get terminated, just show up and you can stay and get paid.

Cons

Hard working, dedicated employees are skipped over for promotions based on personal relationships and favoritism. Most of the management will stab you in the back while they smile in your face and throw you under the bus to make themselves look better.

I have worked at 3 different sites in my time at this company and how some people are still employeed is shocking. I have seen people steal, break rules, sleep on the job, have sex on the clock, be drunk at work, fail drug tests, and quit and come back 2 weeks later with a promotion. The hard workers have to work twice as hard to get half the credit, while the lifers that will never leave the company sit around and do nothing. Do a serious look at the staff you have and ask if that is the staff you want.

There are newer employer reviews for Choctaw Casino and Resorts