There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

sad times

I have been working at Choice Hotels

Pros

nice people, currently free parking, free coffee still available. interesting for the most part in marketing, good. current location. good hours

Cons

layoffs!!!!! executives not being cut... lots of admin and "little guys" so the exec wil still get their bonuses in February. high profile exits followed by returns with contracts.... no explanations. it is a big drama.. execs having the company buy tickets to raffle off to employes then canceling raffle toocket big tickets for himself.... the week of the layoff... we think je can still afford to buy his own tickets!!! need an ehics officer

hire an outside etics officer.... regain employee confidence the recent layoffs of lower level staff only and no consolidation of functions under fewer exec makes people nervous ... big advice --- skip the bonuses this year and plow that money back into an pgrade of IT infrastructure

reviews filtered by

Going downhill fast

I have been working at Choice Hotels

Pros

They pay is good if you are wise on how to negotiate. You get discounts on hotels in places like NY City, and low-level management is flexible with schedules and leave.

Cons

The health benefits are changing in "response to Obama Care". We are paying the same amount for a lot less care and higher deductibles.

We are profitable this year but still trimming costs, and outsourcing and offshoring. Yet we learn our headquarters is moving from Silver Spring to Rockville to "save on costs and to attract better talent for senior executives". However, non-executives will need to start paying for parking. Current executives that have been here for years are leaving unexpectedly due to "differing opinions with CEO, Joyce."

It is becoming a very odd environment where we are beginning to look like everything people hate about corporate America.

Revert back to the old health care plan, remember that not everyone makes over 6-figures, and keep in mind this is Maryland (a heavily democratic state) that isn't too impressed with our CEO having intimate meetings with Speaker of the House, Boehner.

2. It was monotinus.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Choice Hotels

Pros

Benefits are good, people are nice. The pay is decent. Training is well done and prepares you for most of the issues that are required to do the job.

Cons

The calls are all very similiar. The franchissees are rude and barely speak english and constantly belittle you when you are trying to help them when they have made a mistake.

Enforce a penelty on the franchisees that are constantly rude to the call center personnel. This is the reason for a high turnover rate in the call center.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels