Choice Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

I love this job

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Montpelier, VT
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Montpelier, VT

I have been working at Choice Hotels part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Comfortable working conditions, great place to learn clerical work for many enviornments, discounts for Bolton valley during ski season, great employer, the interview was swift and provided me the opportunity to be myself. I had to do choice advantage online for like a day and them was trained on different shifts to prepare for working night audit alone.

Cons

Raises based on owner but that's the industry/Vermont. Nothing really bad that needs to be fixed

None. What makes me stay at the job is that my management is awesome. I get the schedule I ask for and they handle any questIons and concerns ASAP.

175 Other Employee Reviews for Choice Hotels (View Most Recent)

Not what it used to be....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time

Pros

The building is nice, and aside from some of the leadership, the staff is nice.

Cons

HR is too involved. Some of the leadership is lacking vision. There have been several layoffs, so folks are on edge about job security. The place is way more political than it used to be, and as a result, the sense of community that was once there is gone.

Please allow the staff to feel like they can take honestly without fear of retribution. Re-examine some of the leadership decisions that have been made.

Good balance with right managers, but tread carefully...

Former Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Choice Hotels

Pros

Management understands work / life balance. This is a franchise sales company, not a hotel company however there remains opportunity in the industry for those who seek it. Plenty of access to industry information, gather as much of this as possible.

Cons

Organization operates in silos. The lack of transparency between departments creates feuds and there remains a dissension between old management and new management.

Break the silos, align goals both department and individual throughout the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels