Choice Hotels
www.choicehotels.com Rockville, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Phoenix IT is very bad - don't join

IT Development (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsNot much to think of other than the Managers. Directors and Executives are getting a very good bonus, while blaming the staff when things don't go well.

ConsBad Management
Poor benefits
The CTO in Phoenix is cluless. Lot of bright and good people are leaving Choice beacause of his leadership or lack of. HR Director in Phoenix and HR VP are clueless and are jokes. No idea how these people got promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out to the work force. Check why so many turn overs in Phoenix IT. Check if the Sr. Directors and Vps shared the employee engagement with their staff. Benefits are jokes. Spread the wealth. Abolish the yearly and mid-term reviews. These are not effecive and only counter productive. Hire a better HR Director.

Home Based Agents - Not a Good Fit for Most People

Work At Home Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company does provide a good training platform for people and the trainers are great, downside… Cons: The incentive program (in addition to your hourly wage) is developed and skewed in order for poeple to NOT meet their minimums, thus the … Advice to Senior Management: Instead of only relying on a QA monitored call, would suggest management (as so many other companies do) open up the channel to customers who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Taken a turn for the worst !

Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. Cheap hotel rates as an employee 2. People at… Cons: 1. Company has cut alot of the benefits such as gym, food terrance, student class reimbursements and employees stock options. 2. Health care benefits… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management needs to show that it cares about the people who work there by standing behind them, which it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Choice Hotels.

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Choice Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Choice Hotels CEO Stephen P. Joyce. All reviews posted anonymously by Choice Hotels employees.