There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

Phoenix IT is very bad - don't join

Current Employee - IT Development in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - IT Development in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not much to think of other than the Managers. Directors and Executives are getting a very good bonus, while blaming the staff when things don't go well.

Cons

Bad Management
Poor benefits
The CTO in Phoenix is cluless. Lot of bright and good people are leaving Choice beacause of his leadership or lack of. HR Director in Phoenix and HR VP are clueless and are jokes. No idea how these people got promoted.

Reach out to the work force. Check why so many turn overs in Phoenix IT. Check if the Sr. Directors and Vps shared the employee engagement with their staff. Benefits are jokes. Spread the wealth. Abolish the yearly and mid-term reviews. These are not effecive and only counter productive. Hire a better HR Director.

reviews filtered by
  1. A nice little gem that's showing its age.

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best reason is working for an owner that does not micro-manage. It's located in a great location and guest satisfaction is high on the list.
    Above average pay.

Cons

Not much support-you will often work alone and are expected to be able to do all necessary tasks, including housekeeping and maintenance no matter how busy you are.
    There are no benefits, period.

Benefits.

2. Love it at first, but became embarrassed to admit I even work there

Former Employee - House Keeping in Duncansville, PA
    Former Employee - House Keeping in Duncansville, PA

I worked at Choice Hotels part-time (more than a year)

Pros

No pre employment test, relaxing enviorment, really great discounts when staying at other choice hotels. Was nice because while cleaning rooms you could listen to your music player or turn on the tv. No one was hovering over you, you just go in and do your job.

Cons

Poor management, no benefits. bad hours not a good job if you are living on one income, the job itself wasn't so pleasant and the pay you get doesn't reflect the work you do, you have to stay until all your rooms are done so you never know from day to day how long you are going to be there. You may get out by 2pm or you might be there till 8pm you never know, so planning anything outside of work is basically impossible. Also no matter how hard you work they don't seem to want to give you any advancement opportunities.

After working at the hotel I was employed at I would Never stay at this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone else. Working there has made me scared to even stay in hotels anymore. When they know what rooms the inspector plans to inspect they run around the hotel telling the housekeepers so they know to take extra time in those rooms perfecting them. I have seen what some housekeepers do or don't do for that matter and management within the hotel knows and does nothing about it. I loved my job, but toward the end after everything I seen working there I was embarrassed to even admit I was an employee there. My advice is to keep a better watch on the hotels, a good inspection score dosen't nessacarily mean a clean hotel.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels