There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

Not enough focus on hotel needs rather corporate desire. HR and management need training.

Former Employee - Director  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generally, a positive working environment at the corporate level. Good salary and bonus programs. Focused on profit. Sales force works extremely hard to generate business for franchise properties.

Cons

Lacking in a level of professionalism. Significant turnover should be a signal to management to look more closely at policy, procedures, and general employee "health". HR directors need clear and more concise training on employee engagement, retention, and satisfaction.

Management tends to over promise and under deliver. Seek more thorough understanding from employees who have left the company. Compassion for those working through problems with less emphasis on what you don't know vs. learning what you should know. Leaving Choice was a difficult and frustrating experience with no follow up whatsoever. A loss for Choice.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Choice Hotels (View Most Recent)

Management is the worst

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros are the experience gained working at a hotel in the center of downtown New Orleans, LA. The staff is also great very helpful to guests and new team members.

Cons

Little recognition, no incentive's, and a revolving door of employees. Schedule not consist, and always changing. Management is very unaware of employees needs or how to effectively motivate them to be successful in the positions they have.

Best advice for the management would be to treat current employees with more respect and give recognition so they will continue to part of your team.

My experience working for Choice Hotels was mostly positive.

Former Employee - Customer Services Professional I  in  Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Services Professional I in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

International company. LGBT friendly. Great benefits.

Cons

No longer have a corporate presence in my area. Outsourced my position to another country, so I no longer have a job locally.

Update the systems.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!