Choice Hotels

www.choicehotels.com
  www.choicehotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

Decent pay, terrible management, no advancement.

Former Employee - Guest Services in Savannah, GA
Former Employee - Guest Services in Savannah, GA

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Depending on your hotel, you get great coworkers.
Hours were decent

Cons

Cambria Suites is a nightmare
Hours were decent due to a problem with keeping certain areas staffed
GM shows up whenever they wanted
GM takes credit for employees hard work and ingenuity
No potential for advancement
Consistently fired and re-hired employees
Favoritism is clearly present within the ranks
Employees who question practices at meetings where this is allowed are reprimanded
or possibly fired!
Employees required to work back to back night to day to double shifts frequently!

Clean house (In this case, just install a new roof!)

164 Other Employee Reviews for Choice Hotels (View Most Recent)

receptionist

I worked at Choice Hotels part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule, opportunities to move up/work other areas

Cons

hotel upgrades need, especially security

more organized

Like many others have said, the environment is unprofessional.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Simple job, time to do other things while managing front desk and customers on slow days. Good for a student or someone with an online-based employment. The computer training was thorough but had I not brought my own laptop, they didn't have a PC for me to use to train with... Manager was accessible, unlike other employees - but still didn't have much of an idea what was happening. The housekeepers were personable and nice people.

Cons

As others have said here, it all begins with the management, it's attrocious – The management and many of the co workers at least at the location I have worked at are unprofessional and discourteous. Not only to their peers but to the customer as well, which is unacceptable and disconcerting. The shift managers are venomous and appear to be looking out only for themselves, will give you no advice or help whatsoever. The peers at the property I worked at were unable to help in any way. There was no standard and everyone made their own rules and standards, so to the day there is no clear answer on almost anything. I.E. one person would tell me to do this, manager would tell me different but I would get in trouble with both for doing one or the other - inexplicable. As an entry level employee, it was impossible to get anything done for the customer which is the most important thing. The schedule when I was hired was told to me to be monthly, but since hire it has been on a week to week basis. I wasn't told when I would be working on holidays until the day before. Unacceptable and unprofessional.

It's impossible to live your personal life with an unprofessional staff who will call you thirty minutes after a shift ends because there is no communication between co-workers, no communication exists between middle-management and upper or between them and regular workers - making the outcome a total and complete disaster for a new hire.

It seems seniority dwarfs hard work or experience at this property, you are constantly asked to cover for someone who needs a "day off" randomly, the morning of and that sort of thing.

Shape up the employees, develop a standard and don't be afraid of women workers, this is a huge problem. The women who are pregnant at this hotel get extra-special treatment by the male manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels