There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

Great people but not a satisfying job.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Choice Hotels

Pros

Nice people and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

No place for job growth by either training or mentoring

Advice to Management

Give the employees the training needed to do there job and you will get a better product.
Do not promote someone just because they have been there a long time. If they would not pass an interview as an unknown, then they should not be given the position.

reviews filtered by

Overall, just "satisfactory" at best for the time I was at the company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Choice Hotels

Pros

While many of the positions require working in an office, there are many more positions that allow an employee to work remotely from their homen (office). The company has a great health benefits package, a 401K plan, and profit sharing,

Cons

The company is very "top heavy" in terms of Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and Supervisors. In this economy, the company is laying off empoyees, and but still continues to mantain the same number of upper management with no changes to their numbers, even when some departments have been decreased to one employee. This is an unhealthy business practice. There is virtually no employee support from mangement. If you are an hourly employee, then you will be able to balance your professional and personal life. However, in terms of salaried positions, the balance between professional and personal life is almost non-existent with most positions they offer.

Advice to Management

Support for the employees needs to be changed, because the employees make the company what it can be. Upper management needs to show that it cares about the people who work there by standing behind them, which it currently doesn't do. When employee surveys are emailed to the employees to rank to company in terms of its performance, the poor practtce of upper management trying to influence the out come to give them the company a better score, is counter-productive and as a result few to no changes are made.

Great resume builder, stepping stone

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Choice Hotels

Pros

If you are interested in upscale Hospitality, it is a great place to start. I would not recommend it as a career path, however, there are select opportunities present,

Cons

I think that with all of the competition out there, (Hilton, Marriott) Choice should upgrade their brand image. Especially the Comfort brand. It can be updated and still affordable.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more interaction with our hotels from corporate level. I think they should be spending more time in each property and getting to know their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels