There are newer employer reviews for Christiana Care

Resident Physician who is actually happy in their job!

Current Employee - Resident Physician in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Resident Physician in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care

Pros

Christiana Care is an excellent option for an Internal Medicine Residency. It is a large community hospital ideally located near Philadelphia & Baltimore. While it is not a University based hospital, it is the major trauma center for Delaware and has pretty much all the sub-specialties you need. It also is the major delivery hospital for Del with the majority of deliveries in Delaware taking place here. New fellowships are being formed each year with Nephrology & Cardiology being the current options.

Cons

Not University based. Major area in need of improvement is in research, both bench and clinical.

None

30 Other Employee Reviews for Christiana Care (View Most Recent)

Hidden jewel in Delaware

Current Employee - Physician in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Physician in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care

Pros

The people are supportive and professional. Relationship between physicians, nurses, administrators is one of open communication for the most part. Dept. chairs seem genuinely involved and concerned in the work of their staff.

Cons

Not connected with a major academic center. Primary care salaries are only fair. Specialists are accessible but seem to be doing things that primary care docs do elsewhere.

Primary care needs to be more of a priority vs. specialty care

Working at Christiana Hospital is a learning experience.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care

Pros

It's a large teaching hospital with many resources. Hospitalists are in house 24/7 so getting orders for things the patients need is faster than getting call backs from private healthcare providers. The rooms have ceiling mounted lifts which is great for both staff and patient safety. They have an onsite RN-BSN program and internships for nurses interested in the MICU, ED, NICU, and OR. Scheduling is flexible for the most part. Parking is free. The campus is smokefree.

Cons

I don't feel like I have an advocate within my unit's management.

Instead of the peer review process I think it would be very revealing for nurses to review unit based management.

There are newer employer reviews for Christiana Care