Christiana Care

There are newer employer reviews for Christiana Care

Great Place to Work for women with Children

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible shifts ,great salary & benefits

Cons

Very busy ED at times with often overwhelming caseload

33 Other Employee Reviews for Christiana Care (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, Promotions happen depending on your floor manager

Former Employee - Patient Care Tech in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Patient Care Tech in Newark, DE

I worked at Christiana Care

Pros

Christiana has really good benefits; I found health insurance to be very reasonable, tuition assistance is offered. I enjoyed all the shift differentials I recieved working evenings and nights for overtime. There are also some great employees working there and you can have a lot of fun depending on the unit you are working. When you work holidays you are being paid time in a half which comes in handy! There is usually always overtime for those who desire it. I meant a lot of great people working there and saw many techs get promoted to nurses. Unfortunately for me majoring in psychology didn't allow me to have anywhere to get promoted too;but I did learn A LOT from caring for psych. patients. It is a great place for someone who is in nursing school to learn and practice skills. Although it only happens twice a year you will indeed see the president coming to every floor to shake hands; he doesn't talk to eveyone indivdually but I have seen him several times walking the hospital and he is actually accessible which is nice.

Cons

Managers: Some of them are rude and you have to "post-out" when trying to move to another unit and certain managers make it difficult to leave.

Bad Weather: when the weather is bad expect to come to work; even if you have kids at home the organization doesn't care about you; they only care about covering their staffing.

Being pulled/or sent home: It is a teaching hopsital and if your unit is overstaffed expect to be sent to other floors to work (this could be anywhere; and often nerve wrecking when other staff is nasty) or they will "cancel" you and make you use your PTO time to go home sometimes it is nice to go home when the units are really busy but other days it would be nice to keep your time.

It's a hospital and they do have the right to keep you for mandatory overtime when coverage is necessary; the chances of this happpening become very high when big snow and ice storms are expected. However, they did give us the next day off for staying so that was nice.

My only suggestion would be that managers listen up to their staff members. Many of those nurses and techs have days where they are overworked and managers do very little to check on their staff.

positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care

Pros

helping the community that you live in

Cons

I am underpaid and overworked

encourage more of a work/life balance

There are newer employer reviews for Christiana Care