28 years and counting

Current Employee - Clerical in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Clerical in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great 403B plan, room for advancement, decent wages, teamwork, local community active, very good hospital system offering many services to DE and the TriState area.

Cons

No Flex hours. The "7" minute rule on signing in to start work doesn't apply to benefit the employee. The employee can sign in 7 minutes prior to the start of work; however, if the employee is 1 minute late, it activates an accurance to go on employee record. Streamlining staff to stay within "The Budget". Work-Life Balance is not as healthy as advertised. Work outweighs personal life.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to meet the needs of the department. Stop the rumor mills and employee bullying between staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Horrible

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition Incentive Program is initiated the moment one is employed.

Cons

1) Hardly any meal breaks 2) Pay scale is insulting 3) Job expectations way too much 4) Nurse-to-patient ratio is too high; unsafe to care for patients 5) Parking for employees is horrible. It will make you late for shift. Security closes off the closer parking lot which forces employees to park in the furthest lot and walk much further 6) Not much support from supervisors 7) Too many cliques/small groups of people who 'brown nose' and throws others 'under the bus'--cut throat 8) Cafeteria is EXPENSIVE 9) Vending machines are pricey and sometimes steal your money 10) Many patients and their family members are rude and ungrateful when the nurse is clearly doing their all for them--tired of us nurses getting cursed out and reported for no reason 11) Benefits are not the greatest

Advice to Management

Support the staff both directly and indirectly

I regret wasting time and effort without praise, appreciation and honesty.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are above average. That's the lure to work here.

Cons

Some of my coworkers in and out of management are not very competent. Upper management practices hypocrisy on a daily basis. Don't be a scapegoat. You will be happier elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I never trust anyone in upper management. Pay attention to every promise made, they are good with saying one thing and doing another. Document everything! You will eventually be blamed for something and you will need to have proof it was not your fault. Management is very deceptive and has terminated based on hearsay or false accusations. I have seen many good employees leave over the course of my 20 plus years. It doesn't matter how many building we put up if we can't keep honest loyal employees that really do their jobs and care!