There are newer employer reviews for Christmas Tree Shops

Extremely helpful experience by welcoming staff, willing to build you up.

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Planner in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Assistant Sales Planner in Union, NJ

I worked at Christmas Tree Shops part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was picked up as a summer intern in the sales planning department - coming from an engineering background, I was willing to learn, but did not have much of the background knowledge. I was graciously mentored and supported by my coworkers, and my experiences here have developed crucial skills to my career. I continue to have good relations with the employees there after my time was over and highly recommend the company to anyone curious to sales planning or buying.

Cons

My only cons might be that the actual work I had done there may not have been for me - but being from an engineering background, this may be expected. The experience and skills gained however were invaluable, and can say hardly anything else negative about my time there.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management may be to be more mindful of your interns - use their time, and take the opportunity to give them work. They are certainly waiting for it!

Other Employee Reviews for Christmas Tree Shops

1. Very fast paced work environment with high customer service standards

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Downingtown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Downingtown, PA

I have been working at Christmas Tree Shops part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is not bad Open door policy with managers Your opinion is always welcomed 20% off discount on items

Cons

Hard to explain that we are a closeout store and cannot always guarantee the arrival of current items to be back into stock

Advice to Management

Please let us tell customers that the store is closed in ____ minutes while doing the closing announcements!

2. Eye Opening

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Christmas Tree Shops full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FT pos, great learning experience, great co-workers

Cons

It is not ment for people who think they are going to move up the mangement ladder or think its a popularity contest. There are associates that bust butt to do a great job, there are those that dont care but cry to management that they need FT/HRS- who doesnt in this economy? Its a very demanding and if you arent able to climb ladders or do whats asked of you then dont apply. They want 10-12 hrs worth of work to be done in 8hrs or less b/c no OT.

Advice to Management

Management team needs to first off RESPECT each other!! The inner fighting is a job killer as is the DISRESPECT shown to the supervisors. TEAM means everyone not a handful. It means supporting your managers and supervisors and not talking badly about them to associates- really you shouldnt be talking to associates about anyone. Thats poor management. There is no sliding scale on supervisors, some expectations for all- no exceptions.