Christopher & Banks

www.christopherandbanks.com
  www.christopherandbanks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Christopher & Banks

Decent Company, but there are better options!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Christopher & Banks

Pros

The employee discount, and ability to wear modern denim to work is definitely a plus. The clothes are cute, modern, comfortable, and affordable, particularly when there are sales.

Cons

the pay is NOT competitive with other women's apparel retailers. And when there are in-store discounts, they sometimes are as good if not better than the employee discount... which doesn't make the employee discount something of great value to compensate for the low wages. Additional discounts, even if only 10% below what the customer is receiving during those times would boost morale and make for a better environment and happier staff.

Not to work store management to death. They continue to add duties for their salaried managers,without providing additional compensation or benefits to make it worthwhile for their employees.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Christopher & Banks (View Most Recent)

Consider other options.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

I have been working at Christopher & Banks

Pros

There is a 50% discount on clothes.

Cons

Work overload. Too many floor moves. Too many emails and reporting and closing procedures. Not enough autonomy. Salary very low.

Treat store managers are the leaders they are. Don't talk down to them. Pay them a decent wage. They do a lot of jumping through hoops to get things done.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Christopher & Banks

Pros

In my years of management I have never enjoyed a position as much as I do at Chistopher. The training programs, organization of how info is communicated, and upper management support is great. We sell a high quality product at an afforable price. VALUE! I am able to build relationships with my customers which helps to grow the business in my new store. Athough sales are as always important , the focus is on building a large client base and referral system to grow. Constant opportunities for feedback.

Cons

Money is very low,managers and hourly associates not paid at industry standard. I struggle to find good, qualified associates because it is hard for most people with good experience to accect that pay. As a retail manager I have not made this low of a salary since 1998,
    The company does not advertise to the public, only to customers that have made a purchase and are put into the database as we ring their sale.

Advertise... radio, TV, newspaper, anywhere!
    More dollars will get more qualified poeple

There are newer employer reviews for Christopher & Banks