Chrysler

There are newer employer reviews for Chrysler

Great Company for Engineers - IT Not So Much

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Believe or not, if you are competent there is relatively good job security. Although there is the cyclical traumatic downturn. Some veterans have now gone through 5 or 6 of them.

Lots of investment in engineering.

Cons

Speaking for IT, there is not much innovation but instead the department is seen as simply a cost center as evidenced by a number of years under an off-shore outsourced model. With each downturn, more and more of IT is thrifted with very little investment in application development. Loads and loads of COBOL mainframe software running main operations.

524 Other Employee Reviews for Chrysler (View Most Recent)

Internship Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Chrysler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Even though it's a big company, the interns aren't swept under the carpet running coffee and copy errands. I learned a lot and had a great time!

Cons

I didn't like the HR instituted review process of every employee, and the fact that the ratings were based mainly off of leadership. Not everybody can be a leader in a huge company like that, not being a leader does not mean that you aren't good at what you do.

Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Powertrain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Powertrain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Chrysler is a highly recommended company to work for! I started my career here as an intern and I had a great time! People are very nice and they're always open to assist you in whatever you need. With the new management, the passion and wiliness to be #1 in the world can be felt anywhere. Chrysler's internship program is excellent and highly recommended. You'll not be disappointed. Opportunity to grow is there for you to take, you just have to work hard to get it.

Cons

Even though new vehicles are night and day when compared to vehicles made from the same company 5 years ago, there's still some more room to improve in overall quality and reliability. But the company is pushing 110% to get there soon.

Keep up the great work!