There are newer employer reviews for Chrysler

Overall good company to work for.

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Lisle, IL
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Lisle, IL

I worked at Chrysler

Pros

great money for my first job out of college, $52,000 after a year was then given an $8,000 raise. loved the great sales team in the lisle office, great beneifts, had a new car ever couple of months, amex, great boss

Cons

sometimes the work/life balance was a little off, for me it was okay because i was single and had the time, for others with children it was a little bit harder. worked a couple saturdays, def. had a boys club feel at times

Take the time to appreciate you sales force and please don't make us work on saturdays.

491 Other Employee Reviews for Chrysler (View Most Recent)

Opportunity for Growth and Optimism

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Chrysler

Pros

There are not enough specialists with hard, in plant experience with statistical process control and mechanical ability. So if you have this type of experience, you can excel in Suppier Quality. The available training is excellent and the corporate push for Six Sigma, Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing is strong. The headquarters is very nice and the company is poised for growth and strong sales due to unique designs, plus, the ownership by Fiat can only be a positive factor.

Cons

Employee attitudes are suffering due to many years of layoffs, low sales, and financial struggles. The lower eschelon of management is not populated with people who have leadership skills as much as they have a penchant for "telling others what to do" and having a lot of meetings. Managers get comfortable in their cubicles and aren't as involved as they should be in understanding issues. There are some bright stars however. It is just luck if you get to work for them.

Hire people from outside the auto industry who have component design experience so that Chrysler has the best brakes, seats, paint, etc. Quality suffers, in my humble opinion, because cheap materials are preferred over robust mechanical designs and proper material selection. Toyota and Honda quality is due to design! This makes the job of Quality, very easy with Japanese carmakers. Historically, Chrysler has tried to solve quality problems in the process instead of in the design.

Give production workers and management a monetary bonus based on J.D. Powers reviews, not the number of vehicles pushed out the door that day.

My time at Chrysler

Former Employee - Manager IT in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Manager IT in Detroit, MI

I worked at Chrysler

Pros

Good set of employees, empowerment

Cons

More transparency with promotions, Sr mgmt lacks vision, strategy....more involved in operations rather than leadership

support promotion through meritocracy rather than the old boy network if you want the company to make progress.

There are newer employer reviews for Chrysler