Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

After Finnegan took over, Dismal. The climate changed far worse then expected.

Senior Programming Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee)
Warren, NJ

ProsAll pros are prior to Mr. Finnegan taking over. My department encouraged new ideas and your personal and career growth. I had flexibility to manage my projects and our expertise was valued as input in the departments goals. Our department worked well together and supported each other in our areas of expertise. This allowed you to be exposed to all aspects of our departments work and allowed you to grow in different skills that would broaden your skill set. I was proud to be working for Chubb and the department I was in. Our personal time was well respected which made the few times you needed to work on your time understandable. I and I think I can speak for our department did not mind and in fact was encouraged to give that extra when needed because of that respect.

ConsAfter the CEO changed to Mr. Finnegan the climate changed for the worse. your expertise in your field did not matter and was not respected. Often training was given in an unfair manor. All our reviews changed to the negative for the very same high performance. The writing was on the wall that they were justifying our departments downsizing. In the meantime the belittled and abused the employees. Personal time, pre scheduled time off was no longer respected while you keep your commitments. It turned from the best example a company can be to the worst a company can be. The only advantage to Chubb is if you are a minority.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is any of the old good management left, I suggest you do as some other high profile companies have done to save their company. Buy out the upper management and directors that support this movement. Just as Chubb Institute was destroyed in the name of making it more efficient Chubb Insurance is following the same fate. Wake up and save the company before it is too late.

its very political

Ano (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chubb Corp

Pros: *Laid Back - Mostly people are not aggressive and its'… Cons: *Very Political - You have to be on your toes all the time if what you… Advice to Senior Management: *IT infrastructure is terrible.. They outsource everything using computers that are old.. They finally updated some but in terms of IT… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Whitehouse, NJ

I have been working at Chubb Corp

Pros: Flexibility, profit sharing, vacation and hours Cons: Commute, extra hours, food service. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to non-management employees more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.