There are newer employer reviews for Chubb Corp

Overall experience has been good but improvements can be made to improve employee satisfaction.

I have been working at Chubb Corp

Pros

- Strong financial history
- Established customer base
- Adequate benefit options
- Good underwriting practices
- Work and life balance flexibility

Cons

- Limited career oportunities
- Below average monetary compensation
- Current management style limits progressive thinking and innovation
- Performance evaluations are extremely subjective and viewed as unfair (forced distribution of performance ratings)

Controlling costs and flat expenses have taken a toll on human resources. Doing more with less has a limit and you should evaluate and establish reasonable workloads. Employee compensation needs to be addresed; otherwise, you will continue to see your best talent leave. Investing on technology is a must at this point in order to become current with the industry.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall positive experience.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Chubb Corp

Pros

benefits package, flexible work options, company reputation, stability

Cons

Difficult to get promotions unless you are a diverse employee. There is so much focus on diversity that they have lost sight of talent, skill sets, knowledge and hire/promote based solely on your diversity.

Simplify the performance mgt process. Promote Caucasian people. See above comments.

2. Good company with good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Chubb Corp

Pros

Everyone is very nice and polite. The work culture puts importance on social activities and giving back to the community. Great place if you are planning on becoming a lifer (they reward and celebrate the number of years you stay with the company and pension is good). They do pay for performance and pay competitive to the market. Also, there is no discrimination between women and men - you see equal representation in senior leadership.

Cons

If you are the type to question authority and always strive for improvement, this may not be the right company for you. Though their products are quite innovative, the culture itself can be quite conformist. Image is extremely important (for some this my be positive, for some a negative). Tradition is also important (again depending on who you are, this could be good or bad - I put it as a con because I am someone that loves to continuously learn new things therefore I tend to like less traditional approaches to solving problems to stimulate my mind).

There are newer employer reviews for Chubb Corp