Not a Career

Current Employee - Customer Service Claims Representative in Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Customer Service Claims Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO (17 days); consistent work schedule

Cons

No advacement
Underpaid for the quality and quantity of work expected
Outdated , slow computer systems
They like to almost excusively hire college grads for the call ceter, but they don't pay extra for the education (pay is below what someone with a GED would get at Geico in Virginia Beach). Added to that, there's no advancement; so, unless you got your degree to make $30,000 in a call center your entire career, don't expect to work here for more than a year or two. Everyone under 35 leaves within that timeframe for this reason.

Advice to Management

Upgrade computer systems. We shouldn't have to place callers on hold for 3-5 minutes just to wait to get to the next screen.
Cultivate a culture of promoting from within.
Pay for what you expect. Don't offer below average pay and expect above average work. You'll wind up with high turnover and the poor customer service that comes with it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Politics over achievements

I worked at Chubb Corp

Pros

Company will be around for some time due to conservative business practices.

Cons

Many employees are hired based on whether they know someone in management. Management does not promote based on work achievements. Ideas are not taking into consideration from non-management. Software is antiquated and is in dire need of upgrades.

Advice to Management

Foster a culture that seeks to rewards those who truly earn it rather than attempting to appease someone by hiring their relatives. Also it would be a good idea to implement a system that has 360 feedback so that everyone is held accountable, not just by their superiors.

Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about this company, I am sure there are more, I guess the cons have overridden the pros.

Cons

I worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that the rest of the company is not like this. When I left I had to pull all of the knives out of my back. I advise anyone to stay away from this group. Chubb as a whole I hear is a good company to work for, but I wasn't sorry when they layed me off, the grass is greener on the other side, trust me.

Advice to Management

Try to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead that you don't have to stab your co-worker in the back.