Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

Politics over achievements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany will be around for some time due to conservative business practices.

ConsMany employees are hired based on whether they know someone in management. Management does not promote based on work achievements. Ideas are not taking into consideration from non-management. Software is antiquated and is in dire need of upgrades.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster a culture that seeks to rewards those who truly earn it rather than attempting to appease someone by hiring their relatives. Also it would be a good idea to implement a system that has 360 feedback so that everyone is held accountable, not just by their superiors.

Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Health Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about… Cons: I worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that… Advice to Senior Management: Try to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a great, close-knit company - now only the bottom line is important.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Warren, NJ

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Excellent training; good benefits; fairly good opportunities to move around… Cons: No work/life balance. Tons of layoffs and "restructuring" have been happening over the last couple of years. No true regard for people as… Advice to Senior Management: They won't listen. Paul Krump and Harold Morrison are good LEADERS. Everyone respects them and wants to work in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.