Politics over achievements

I worked at Chubb Corp

Pros

Company will be around for some time due to conservative business practices.

Cons

Many employees are hired based on whether they know someone in management. Management does not promote based on work achievements. Ideas are not taking into consideration from non-management. Software is antiquated and is in dire need of upgrades.

Advice to Management

Foster a culture that seeks to rewards those who truly earn it rather than attempting to appease someone by hiring their relatives. Also it would be a good idea to implement a system that has 360 feedback so that everyone is held accountable, not just by their superiors.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about this company, I am sure there are more, I guess the cons have overridden the pros.

Cons

I worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that the rest of the company is not like this. When I left I had to pull all of the knives out of my back. I advise anyone to stay away from this group. Chubb as a whole I hear is a good company to work for, but I wasn't sorry when they layed me off, the grass is greener on the other side, trust me.

Advice to Management

Try to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead that you don't have to stab your co-worker in the back.

Used to be a great, close-knit company - now only the bottom line is important.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent training; good benefits; fairly good opportunities to move around and post for other jobs.

Cons

No work/life balance. Tons of layoffs and "restructuring" have been happening over the last couple of years. No true regard for people as human beings - a very cold corporate environment. People are here one day and gone the next - and there's no info about what happened. Very unsettling to those of us left behind.

Advice to Management

They won't listen. Paul Krump and Harold Morrison are good LEADERS. Everyone respects them and wants to work in their world. Hr is a mess - someone really needs to look at it. Can't get an answer out of anyone.