Good company to work for, but high turnover rate due to pay and labor restrictions.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun environment for the most part, good intra-company communication, high focus on guest satisfaction, decent benefits, and high expectations for management.

Cons

Strict labor guidelines, high turnover rate, raises are hard to get and low in increase, long work weeks for store management, and pay could be more proportionate to work load.

Better pay for cast members, and larger raises for store management that show commitment.

Other Reviews for Chuck E. Cheese's

I wish it was like it used to be.

Former Employee - Employee, Ast Manager, GM  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Employee, Ast Manager, GM in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Depending on the store you work in, it can be fun. Too busy of a store means all work and rarely any play. Not that we play at jobs, but being so busy all day it's hard to squeeze in a lunch break. Birthdays were the most fun, Gameroom isn't bad either, just lots of cleaning. Cashier/prize counter is only fun if you really like to deal with people and can multi-task. Kid Check gets boring unless your managers give you stuff to work on when no one's coming in, it's also an important position b/c kids try to get out a lot not knowing where they're going. And kitchen, is fun but dirty, and crazy hectic in a busy store...memorize your stuff or you'll drown.

Cons

Busy. The company really makes managers push the employees. The goal is to run the restaurant with as few employees as possible, which I understand, but a lot of times the guests don't and fuss at how we're "always understaffed" when we're not. The stores expectation of cleanliness is high, so there's no cutting corners. Employee raises need to be demanded several times usually, due to the company trying to keep to the bottom line. Anyone that goes to a chuck e cheese needs to imagine what it would be like working there, and if they have an issue, don't yell at the employee, go straight to the manager. The employees mostly do what theyre taught, and don't deserve to be mistreated in a stressful environment like CEC. I would only recommend this job with full warning to potential employees about what the job entails.

Merits. Recognization. Communication. Listen. Help the team. Do your job with integrity and expect that from your team. Work together Managers!

Decent work

Former Employee - Showroom/Cashier  in  Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Showroom/Cashier in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours, parties are cool especially when parents tip!, I worked in the showroom and overall enjoyed interacting with customers and their kids

Cons

It gets loud and hectic on weekends! Don't work here if you don't handle stressful situations well. They tend to hire young employees, who never stuck around. Which makes it a little easier to get recognized or promoted.

Communication (btween management and lower level employees) can be a good thing. Try it, and workers won't feel so looked down upon. Also, better training of new employees is a must!

There are newer employer reviews for Chuck E. Cheese's.

Worked for Chuck E. Cheese's? Contribute to the Community!