There are newer employer reviews for Chuck Latham Associates

My experience with CLA is all good. I am dissatisfied with the wages I earn and and wages have been frozen since '08.

Current Employee - RSA in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - RSA in Bethesda, MD

Pros

The enthusiasm and work ethic of my managers is what empowers me to perform at a high level. There are always new scenarios with which I learn new things about animals and, more specifically, the importance of nutrition for animals. I love animals and people. In executing the duties of my job, I get to interact on a daily basis with people who genuinely care about the quality of their pet's nutrition and people like myself, who love and care about all creatures great and small.

Cons

There are many instances where the work to be done requires more time than is allocated for the task at hand. I feel obligated to complete whatever task is at hand and have given maximum effort for many tasks that I know I will not receive a fair wage for completing. Some of my time working has exceeded the time given to complete the task There have been few to no opportunities for career advancement and due the economic recession, my wages have been frozen since early in 2008

Advice to Management

In my capacity as an RSA, I regularly hear from Store mangers that CLA needs to do more at the community level to give us better community involvement at the Store level. Exposure which would ultimately create additional interaction and exposure to our existing customers and also win over new customers to drive sales of products we are represent.

Other Employee Reviews for Chuck Latham Associates

1. Good company to work with.

Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

A lot of variety in assingments. Interesting

Cons

As with most of these types of operations the hours are minimal.

Advice to Management

More promotion from within

2. Disrespectful to employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Work with pet foods in stores.

Cons

Poor pay; no raises, rude obnoxious supervisors. No advancement or recognition for work well done.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals that care about employees. Stop raising the amount of work we do for little or no pay.