There are newer employer reviews for Chuck Latham Associates

I enjoyed my time with the company.

Former Contractor - Nutrition Consultant and Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
Former Contractor - Nutrition Consultant and Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning about dog and cat food.

Cons

Part-time. I would have stayed if offered a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Hire full time people for the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Chuck Latham Associates

Do not work for this company. Ask yourself, "why do they have so many job postings?"

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They love dogs and genuinely want to improve the overall well being of animals

Cons

The company is not the same as it used to be, it used to be great, but now they are trying to grow too fast, and the expectations being put on employees are unrealistic. There is NO work/life balance! Employees are now expected to purchase their own "tablets", which are a requirement of the job, but are not provided by the company. The owner has a private jet and clearly is out of touch with the plight of the average american. A tablet may not be a large expense for him, but it is for the rest of us. In addition to the unrealistic expectations, the company has started treating the employees as disposable. No one has job security and everyone is scared.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like numbers and start treating them like human beings again! Listen to them when they say they are unhappy, listen to them when they say they need help. They are not complaining because they are weak, they are trying to grab a lifeline, but you no longer throw them one, you just watch them drown and then replace them. This used to be an amazing company, it saddens me to see how far it has fallen. Good luck repairing what you have done.

Dishonest Parasite company that considers employees disposable

Former Employee - Pet Nutritional Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pet Nutritional Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly wage is decent.

Cons

No chance for promotion or a raise. Two secret shoppers per shift get paid more to watch you than you get paid for doing the work. They try to sell you so-called benefits, like a wellness plan that isn't worth the money and they get paid if you buy it. If somebody complains, you're gone. They evaluate you in secret and pretend they don't do it. They don't give job references, just employment verification. They lie about everything, and don't even tell you that you are entitled to take a break. They have a high-falootin' company mythology that is pure fabrication, and nothing like the real truth of how the organization actually works. In a nutshell, they're parasites who will suck any blood they can get. They get paid commission by the companies they represent, but do little to earn it. They make the petstore managers do stuff for them while getting paid by the petstores. They make the workers buy all their equipment and do their own payroll, but they don't turn that savings back in terms of higher earnings for the workers, but rather use it to pay useless layers of managers to double and triple-check that the employees are not cheating the company. The training is written by people who never did the job, and is worse than useless. Upper-management works in a tight bubble of yes-men who feed their egos and make them all think they are brilliant. It's all top down management, nobody cares what you think.

Advice to Management

If you wanted my advice, you had the opportunity to pay me for it.