Chugach Alaska

www.chugach.com

A Great Company for Goold Ol' Boys

ProsCoffee shop on the first floor at the corporate office in Anchorage is convenient and locally owned.

ConsManagement lacks innovation, doesn't listen to subject matter experts, and managers, especially subsidiary and corporate executives, are selected from a pool of insiders who protect each other at the expense of the company and other employees. They know one trick--government contracting exploiting the Native corporation exclusions to laws designed to help small businesses--and now that that trick isn't working their revenue is falling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some outside talent with proper credentials and experience, and then listen to them, don't fire them when they tell you something you don't want to know.

Chugach Management Alaska is a great place if you have no desire for upward mobility.

I have been working at Chugach Alaska

Pros: There are some very smart dediacated people who work for this company. Management will overlook many ethic and work related violations in order to… Cons: There are no periodic reviews or raises, no training or upward mobility. Communication between all levels… Advice to Senior Management: Periodic reviews should be annual at minimum, and training opportunities for employees, who have shown solid work ethic, to be able to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

decent

I have been working at Chugach Alaska

Pros: not at this time will do later Cons: bad severance pay only two weeks More

There are newer reviews on Chugach Alaska.

Worked for Chugach Alaska? Contribute to the Community!