There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

I have worked here for 7 years I love this company

Current Employee - Supply Supervisor  in  Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
Current Employee - Supply Supervisor in Picatinny Arsenal, NJ

I have been working at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay treat the employees very well. We manage to hire some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Chugach Alaska (View Most Recent)

Frustrating! Demoralizing! Angry to see wasted tax dollars!

I worked at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Project locations are great. Customers are awesome and vulnerable to the highly skilled schmoozing Chugach's subsidiaries are so good at.

Cons

Nobody is driving the bus. Incompetency and (unjustified) arrogance is rampant. They have been living on handouts from the Federal Government for so long they would not know how to compete in the real world. Lots of corruption with the contracting officers - buddy system, smoozing, unethical and illegal activities involved with obtaining, milking, and continuing some of their projects. We would have saved tax dollars by keeping the work in house!

Get some real talent, learn some ethics and contracting law IAW FARs and the let them do their work. Get rid of deadwood and buddies milking the operating revenues dry.

The tropical location makes it worth it (for a little while). (Actual location: Kwajalein Atoll)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ebeye (Marshall Islands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ebeye (Marshall Islands)

I have been working at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to experience a remote tropical island; great people;

depending on your circumstance: may qualify for tax-free status; relocation (to/from) and housing expenses paid; also added annual leave and return ticket (equivalent) to point of hire, each year;

must love water sports (sailing, diving, jet skis, beach).

Sunny and 85 degrees - every day (8 degrees north of the equator)

Cons

pay ranges are below industry standards (see pros). most positions are 'unaccompanied' (you won't be allowed to bring the wife, kids or your dog 'spot').
    Remote location precludes severe trauma-level health care (you'd better not be one hamburger short of a heart attack - but then you have to pass a physical, so...)

improve travel benefits (even paradise gets old); improve QOL for unaccompanied personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

Worked for Chugach Alaska? Contribute to the Community!