There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

Don't expect to be paid good

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job, it's not a career

Cons

It's not a good paying company, especially for the exempt employees (non-union employees). Their pay rates are way cheaper than at other companies. They are definitely not competing or even trying to compete with the compensation that other companies pay their people. Their insurance for expempt employees is way over priced and not that good. Also, they are overboard with their drug testing. Go outside and get a spec of dust in your eye and they want you to go take a urine test. It's ridiculous.
Because they are so cheap and use and abuse their exempt employees, they have a high rate of turnover. Even the supervisors tend to come and go pretty quick. They need to look around the market and see what other companies are paying for similar positions.
The ONLY retirement plan this company has is a 401k, and they don't match or even contribute at all. There are no bonuses, Heck, there aren't even any raises. They don't do personnel reviews, probably because if you are doing your job and they give you a good review then they would feel like they need to give a raise. Therefore, they just avoid it.
They don't provide hardly any training either. You are pretty much hung out to dry and have to learn everything on your own.
Overall, this company is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. It's all about pinching every penny they can. Like so many others I have seen come and go, I am just staying here until a better opportunity presents itself.

Quit being so dang cheap!!!

18 Other Employee Reviews for Chugach Alaska (View Most Recent)

I have worked here for 7 years I love this company

Current Employee - Supply Supervisor  in  Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
    Current Employee - Supply Supervisor in Picatinny Arsenal, NJ

I have been working at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay treat the employees very well. We manage to hire some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Frustrating! Demoralizing! Angry to see wasted tax dollars!

I worked at Chugach Alaska full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Project locations are great. Customers are awesome and vulnerable to the highly skilled schmoozing Chugach's subsidiaries are so good at.

Cons

Nobody is driving the bus. Incompetency and (unjustified) arrogance is rampant. They have been living on handouts from the Federal Government for so long they would not know how to compete in the real world. Lots of corruption with the contracting officers - buddy system, smoozing, unethical and illegal activities involved with obtaining, milking, and continuing some of their projects. We would have saved tax dollars by keeping the work in house!

Get some real talent, learn some ethics and contracting law IAW FARs and the let them do their work. Get rid of deadwood and buddies milking the operating revenues dry.

There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

Worked for Chugach Alaska? Contribute to the Community!