Chugach Alaska

www.chugach.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

It helps my career.

I have been working at Chugach Alaska

Pros

Work life balance, great pay.

Cons

You need to be a self-starter.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Chugach Alaska (View Most Recent)

I loved working there, and my Supervisor and co-workers made me feel like i belonged there.

Former Employee - Lead Payroll Trainer in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Lead Payroll Trainer in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Chugach Alaska full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was not like going to work each day, i enjoyed going there each day. I really like doing payroll and each day i had a lot to do so i was not looking for things to do. I like being busy.

Cons

Being able to deal with stress.

You are doing a great job.

Great company with strong values and ethics, great people, and new "vision"

Current Employee - Manager in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Manager in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Chugach Alaska full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The most incredible colleagues I've met work here; Chugach has some of those most intelligent and kind people.
    - The new CEO has a vision to grow the company, improve operations and engage employees; while change is unsettling for some, you can already see how things are changing for the better and the work environment and outlook for the company is continuously improving.
    - Tons of opportunities for professional and personal growth, and lots of openness for lateral moves within the organization as well; I haven't worked for a company that treats their employees as well as Chugach; and most of the managers are great.
    - Flexible work options

Cons

- Historically, Chugach has worked in government contracting which is declining, which has led to cut-backs in recent years. But the company is in the process of diversifying.
    - Most of the Executive Management team is "new" and recently restructured the company, which always leads to discontent for long-time employees unwilling to adapt to change and do what needs to be done to improve and grow a company.

While communication has improved a lot, you can never share too much information with staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska