Chugach Alaska

www.chugach.com
  www.chugach.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska

Chugach Management Alaska is a great place if you have no desire for upward mobility.

I have been working at Chugach Alaska

Pros

There are some very smart dediacated people who work for this company. Management will overlook many ethic and work related violations in order to not fire someone. At lower levels there is not a lot of accountability so you are free to do most anything you please on company time.

Cons

There are no periodic reviews or raises, no training or upward mobility. Communication between all levels is lacking. There is no company or corporate pride, or appreciation for what their employees do.

Periodic reviews should be annual at minimum, and training opportunities for employees, who have shown solid work ethic, to be able to move into other positions. Their budgeting practices from top to bottom need to be overhauled and the HR department needs ethics training.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Chugach Alaska (View Most Recent)

One of the best jobs I ever had.

Former Employee - Payroll Technician in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Payroll Technician in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Chugach Alaska full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent payroll system in place. Great Co-Workers. I looked forward to going to work every day. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Management not very accomodating to employees being off work due to an illness. Employees told 2 stay home if you are sick but then when they do they are reprimanded for missing work.

Run Away

Former Employee - Corporate Staff
    Former Employee - Corporate Staff

I worked at Chugach Alaska full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant office environment . Some interesting colleagues

Cons

The only way you learn any company news of real value is through the rumor mill. There was no communication about company's future plans to reorganize to the employees.
    There are so many subsidiaries each with executive staff that make big salaries and travel about to their contract sites for no discernable purpose yet staff salaries are flat.
    To save money, they do not bring in help when someone is out on extended leave; someone else has to do double duty. I was backup for a position when the incumbent took maternity leave, . Not only was I not compensated for working both jobs, my manager did not even thank me.
    Company seems unable to win new contracts. Benefits and leave were cut with no notice.

Be truthful to employees about the diminishing business prospects.

There are newer employer reviews for Chugach Alaska