Church World Service
www.cwserp.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Working at Church World Service

New York, NY

I have been working at Church World Service full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, flexible work environment and most of the program directors and employees in both the national and global offices are very dedicated, collaborative and helpful.

ConsLow pay even for an NGO, the organization is undergoing many changes in an effort to move forward but there are too many longtime employees who are unwilling or unable to accept this and need to retire or leave, the union in the NY office is out of control and continually makes unrealistic demands, communication between senior management and staff needs improvement

Advice to Senior ManagementSend your managers for real leadership training (not just let them watch a powerpoint presentation or webinar and expect this to make a real difference), give non-IRP and non-union employees a raise - they deserve it!!

Excellent

Intern (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Church World Service as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great Team and hard working people. Cons: I have nothing negative to share. More

Disappointed by lack of managment review

New York, NY

I have been working at Church World Service

Pros: Good experience with an M.Div. Cons: No incentives, no promotion, no evaluative measures of managment performance More

There are newer reviews on Church World Service.

Worked for Church World Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Church World Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Church World Service CEO John L. McCullough. All reviews posted anonymously by Church World Service employees.