Ciber

www.ciber.com
  www.ciber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Free place , can learn a lot but very bad management

Former Employee - Parts Tracking Analyst in Dearborn, MI
Former Employee - Parts Tracking Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ciber

Pros

leave Pay flexibility and lots of learn

Cons

Bad Management can fire you over the weekend.

Respect the employees below you. Give them a chance to prove themselves not fire them in the 3rd week of employment and a Friday evening without warning.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

CIBER has a lot to learn

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Ciber

Pros

When I was recruited into CIBER I was promised a great deal. I was told they were going to create a consultancy which was very new to CIBER what I found out was they were going to continue to be a "Body" Shop. They do give you some freedom with regards to daily job assignments although I do believe it is more because they are too busy to pay attention to what you are really doing.

Cons

When I was hired there were 25 people in the practice I was assigned too. When I was let go because "We are going in a different direction" there were only 9. I truly believe they do not have a clue within the practice I was assigned to on how to retain talent. During the 18 months of my employment I watched 2 Senior Directors come and go, 3 Delivery Directors come and go. They do not promote from within they would rather go outside the practice to find what they would consider qualified leadership in spite of the fact they do not understand the technology solutions they are trying to present. In short, the practice is a microchasm of what is really terribly wrong with the entire company. They believe in periodic purges of personnel whom they deem as unproductive. Their mantra is be billable at 100% or better or else.

During my time within the company I have watched "protected" people survive at CIBER only because they knew how to "suck up" better then others. Real talent isn't appreciated it is all about politics and CYA behavior. I am not sure if this is ever going to change. What was once a great company, "so I am told" is nothing more of a shell of it's former self.

Satisfied with business workflow.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Competitive clients that the company has contracts with.

Cons

Inability to accomodate vacation arrangements for contractors.

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber