There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Free place , can learn a lot but very bad management

Former Employee - Parts Tracking Analyst  in  Dearborn, MI
Former Employee - Parts Tracking Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ciber

Pros

leave Pay flexibility and lots of learn

Cons

Bad Management can fire you over the weekend.

Respect the employees below you. Give them a chance to prove themselves not fire them in the 3rd week of employment and a Friday evening without warning.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

CIBER has a lot to learn

Former Employee - Principal Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Ciber

Pros

When I was recruited into CIBER I was promised a great deal. I was told they were going to create a consultancy which was very new to CIBER what I found out was they were going to continue to be a "Body" Shop. They do give you some freedom with regards to daily job assignments although I do believe it is more because they are too busy to pay attention to what you are really doing.

Cons

When I was hired there were 25 people in the practice I was assigned too. When I was let go because "We are going in a different direction" there were only 9. I truly believe they do not have a clue within the practice I was assigned to on how to retain talent. During the 18 months of my employment I watched 2 Senior Directors come and go, 3 Delivery Directors come and go. They do not promote from within they would rather go outside the practice to find what they would consider qualified leadership in spite of the fact they do not understand the technology solutions they are trying to present. In short, the practice is a microchasm of what is really terribly wrong with the entire company. They believe in periodic purges of personnel whom they deem as unproductive. Their mantra is be billable at 100% or better or else.

During my time within the company I have watched "protected" people survive at CIBER only because they knew how to "suck up" better then others. Real talent isn't appreciated it is all about politics and CYA behavior. I am not sure if this is ever going to change. What was once a great company, "so I am told" is nothing more of a shell of it's former self.

Been here 16 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

The people make it fun. The client work is interesting. The work itself is challenging. The staffing jobs are still staffing jobs. They have tried many times to make it consulting, and it is not.

Cons

As long as the client is happy you will be happy. I have been on the same client for 8 years.

Stop being dishonest with people. Many projects are going well, and some of them have been going poorly for 3 years and even longer. When are you going to open your eyes and fix the projects that are broken? We spend hours giving you reports of the status. You know if the projects are working or they are not. We do. Why can't you make a decision?

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!