Ciber
www.ciber.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Lack of direction and leadership and Tampa jobs sent to Detroit

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsIt was a salary and my co workers were good people although it is sad to see them treated so poorly.

ConsUpper management provides no direction and there is an extreme lack of communication. CiBER consultants are basically supplemental staff on projects for client companies and are treated poorly by both the client (excessive overtime including weekends and holidays) and by CiBER management. Soon after CiBER opened the Detroit GSC in October 2010, the layoffs began at the Tampa GSC and continue today. Number of CiBER consultants in Tampa from April 2010 until today I would guess is down over 50%. Projects initially targeted for Tampa were moved to Detroit. As consultants are layed off, CiBER management refuses to meet face to face with the consultants, calling them on the phone after hours to notify them that their services are no longer needed. These managers work in the same building as the consultants so there is no excuse for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with your consultants and stop treating them like a herd of cattle to be farmed out to your clients. Stop sending Tampa jobs to Detroit or make the announcement we all expect is coming that the Tampa GSC is closing.

front end developer

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: if you don't have a job or just graduate and… Cons: not good for long term invest, salary and benefit were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Dissatisfied. No care for employees, policies set to screw us

Tech Lead (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ciber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nothing comes to my mind Cons: Salary Management Benefits Not assigning right people to right work Advice to Senior Management: Please give bike to a person who knows to ride bike so good, but not car. Don't give person a Benz… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ciber.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ciber CEO David C. Peterschmidt. All reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees.