Ciber
www.ciber.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Mac J. Slingerlend has a weird way to express himself. Otherwise he's ok.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsThe people I specifically worked for treated me pretty well. I was there only a year, but overall I felt good working for CIBER. My bad experience was more with the clients they we did work for, who use CIBER as a way to dump work they can't do, do not want to do, or is too politically damaging and rather give it to CIBER to deal with. I see CIBER in the business of taking on "crap" companies are not willing to do.

ConsThere are 2 types of employees. Those that actually work for CIBER, and those that are brought in as "employees" and attached to a client contract, aka a "consultant". If you work internally for CIBER, you are safe. If you are a consultant, your doomed if the client ends a contract cause CIBER will dump you, after trying to find you work elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to tell them. It's the nature of the contracting business.

CIBER is a great company to work for

Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee)
    Boulder, CO

I worked at Ciber

Pros: The Federal side of CIBER can help get consultants in positions that they may not otherwise have been able to get. They employ many former… Cons: CIBER seems to have some difficulties with handing off consultants between the Federal and the commercial sides of the company. If you are highly compensated… Advice to Senior Management: Work hard to get the employee 401k contributions increased so that your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

CIBER okay if management has wised up

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Ciber

Pros: Challenging project work and smart co-workers Cons: Conflicts between management priorities and client priorities. Consultants told they… Advice to Senior Management: Be consistent, transparent, and make your priorities same as clients'. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ciber.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ciber CEO David C. Peterschmidt. All reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees.