Ciber

www.ciber.com
  www.ciber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Mac J. Slingerlend has a weird way to express himself. Otherwise he's ok.

Former Employee - Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
Former Employee - Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Ciber

Pros

The people I specifically worked for treated me pretty well. I was there only a year, but overall I felt good working for CIBER. My bad experience was more with the clients they we did work for, who use CIBER as a way to dump work they can't do, do not want to do, or is too politically damaging and rather give it to CIBER to deal with. I see CIBER in the business of taking on "crap" companies are not willing to do.

Cons

There are 2 types of employees. Those that actually work for CIBER, and those that are brought in as "employees" and attached to a client contract, aka a "consultant". If you work internally for CIBER, you are safe. If you are a consultant, your doomed if the client ends a contract cause CIBER will dump you, after trying to find you work elsewhere.

Not much to tell them. It's the nature of the contracting business.

348 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

CIBER is a great company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Boulder, CO

I worked at Ciber

Pros

The Federal side of CIBER can help get consultants in positions that they may not otherwise have been able to get. They employ many former program managers and other people who have contacts inside programs and can get your resume in front of the right managers.
    CIBER has an excellent benefit package everything from matching 401k contributions to an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.

Cons

CIBER seems to have some difficulties with handing off consultants between the Federal and the commercial sides of the company.
    If you are highly compensated employee per the IRS rules your 401k contributions can be limited at CIBER. It seems that there is not enough participation in the 401k plan to allow the highly compensated employees to contribute to the Federal maximum.

Work hard to get the employee 401k contributions increased so that your more senior consultants do not get limited on their own 401k contributions.

Good consulting company with great potential

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Very flexible, Good upper management

Cons

Benefits, Compensation, Very few new/challenging projects

Stay competitive with an exceptional benefits package, Allocate more budget to employee training on new tools/technologies/processes/best practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber