Ciber

www.ciber.com
  www.ciber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet.

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've heard horror stories about this company both from coworkers and from online reviews. After working for the company as a consultant for about 1.5 years I can say that I am pretty happy with Ciber so far. Have not had any problems so far. Pay is good, hours are good, and as long as I do a great job for my client then I don't ever get bothered by anyone from Ciber. As long as I submit my timecard on time I get paid. Simple.

Cons

As a contractor I know that I can be cut at anytime. So there is absolutely no job security. As a consultant I know that my pay is capped.

No advice

349 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

Not so great

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ciber full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employment (usually short term)
    Some good people

Cons

Management
    lack of Raises
    Character of people

People working there at Ciber are generally hard working people, to go years without a raise, is reflective of the money pinching attitude in the company. No real potential for anything and having a bench is pretty much a misnomer. There is no bench, and unless you are proactive near the last few months of your project, you will most surely be unemployed.

System confusion, employee seclusion, management delusion

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ciber full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Strong operational remnants still in place,established client relationships, long term consulting assignments. Employee base compensation and benefits are near top quarter percentile.

Cons

Senior managerial hubris, subtext culture of disdain toward legacy employees, excessive priority shifting, overall organizational chaos. Employee communication horrible-delivery often isolated from operational direction-employee turnover a major issue-overall one and done assignment culture.

Current company equity value is less than half July 2008 levels, employee headcount and gross revenue down. Based on past five years of performance and resulting operational stagnation-What empirical evidence can senior management offer equity shareholders of company advancement? Does this leadership team have the vision to support required organizational growth?

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber