Ciber

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

Good mid-sized company

Former Employee - Senior Capture/Proposal Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Capture/Proposal Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Ciber full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They let you do your job for the most part with minimal interference unless management perceives they have a better idea.

Cons

With respect to business development, executive management has a tendency to on occasion substitute their experience for the insight that business developers and capture managers have developed by way of direct customer contact.

Sit back and hold your business developers and capture managers responsible for acquiring business. By overriding the strategy put in place by BD and Capture, you take them off the hook for delivering the business opportunity. And, if you do override the strategy BD and Capture define, don't blame them when you lose.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

The company that could have been great

Current Employee - Principal Architect in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Architect in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-10 years of service, the company has already paid me ontime everytime
    -PTO is a good amount but everything has changed since new CEO
    -Holidays
    -401k is decent
    -Used to have good co-workers but many internal employees are very rude, negative, and just plain mean and nasty

Cons

-CEO is a complete liar and scam artist to the board
    -Senior management lies to get more contracts and money then screws employees over for any bonus
    -Benefits have been scaled back, PTO is scaled back to almost nothing for new employees
    -Disorganized, to many systems, money wasted in areas that don't matter to the people who actually bring in the money which is the consultants who make clients happy.
    -No career path or growth, no way to help internally as employees are very incompetent and do not want help from anyone who is smart or knowledgeable.

Stop lieing, stop wasting money in the wrong areas, pay the people their bonuses that worked hard to get clients and make them happy, pay attention to Consultants they are the front line and make the bottom line grow and stay steady. Stop ignoring Consultants, start paying proper salaries and make actual career paths for everyone.

Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've heard horror stories about this company both from coworkers and from online reviews. After working for the company as a consultant for about 1.5 years I can say that I am pretty happy with Ciber so far. Have not had any problems so far. Pay is good, hours are good, and as long as I do a great job for my client then I don't ever get bothered by anyone from Ciber. As long as I submit my timecard on time I get paid. Simple.

Cons

As a contractor I know that I can be cut at anytime. So there is absolutely no job security. As a consultant I know that my pay is capped.

No advice