Ciber

Second time around

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

I have found them willing to accommodate when special situations arise. They communicate with their consultants, offer them benefits, give them feedback, provide them with opportunities for growth and skill-enhancement, and generally treat them quite well.

Cons

This is my second assignment with them. I have no problem with the way in which they are handling me. My biggest complaint is that the client in each situation was a large corporation that offered little technical stimulation and challenge. In the first assignment, the client had a corporate culture that was right out of the 1940s, and it seemed to me that they had no idea what someone with my skill set did. In my present assignment, I am bogged down by the corporate and governmental bureaucracy that burdens this industry, and I am constantly amazed at the abysmal writing skills of their managers and the horrible way in which projects are managed. Heads would roll if this client were a smaller organization without deep pockets.

CIBER needs to add smaller, more innovative, and more exciting businesses to its client base.

382 Other Employee Reviews for Ciber (View Most Recent)

Ciber BA

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Ciber

Pros

paid well, decent benefits and vacation

Cons

no opportunity for advancement, very tight non compete agreement

work on helping your employees suceed, especially when the client is laying them off -

Stay Away

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

The pay!

An IT staffing company that fails miserably at trying to compete with professional IT firms like Accenture, IBM, CSC and others on major outsourcing and complex technical deals.

Your best bet for success is to focus on and sell IT staffing.

Cons

Senior management is nothing more than a bunch of overpaid weasels and yes men that brag about past heroic achievements and stick around for a pay check. Life is too short for truly capable and principled employees to hang around credit stealing, pontificating blowhards with serious infantile issues. Case and point. What CEO leaves a billion-dollar technology company to run a retirement organization. Probably one with a lot of $keletons in his Ciber closet!

Stay hot Senior Leadership ..CBR Price: $2.85..........LOL