Ciena
www.ciena.com Hanover, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

It has been good experience working at Ciena so far.

IT Service Desk/IT Support (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Ciena as a contractor for more than a year

ProsLess Work Pressure, Independence in terms of vacations and holidays, Good processes and technology to learn from. FOOD dominantly plays important role. Good food.

ConsGrowth is limited, Sudden and instant terminator from job, Salary is less Keep most of the employees on contract thus keeping us biased from EMPLOYEES in terms of facilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employee satisfaction as a key strategy to get best out of a employees, as you have in a past couple of years, sustain it.

An honest opinion

Lead Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ciena full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1. Saturday morning you can be @ your native place if you are in 0-700 km radius from Delhi 2. Enjoy weekend with wife/family/girlfriend or liquor… Cons: 1. If you know technology, you might never get a chance to use it. 2. A lot of closed door zero transparency meetings ! Mind it..… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Managers please start acting smart. Your dull faces create further antipathy. 2. Please get technical sessions conducted across the teams.. let them feel it is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is full of ups and down

Lead Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ciena full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: facilities - A very good office, though as number of employee are growing avg space of an employee is reducing. But I will rate is… Cons: first line managers, communication with employees. Too many senior people and no relevant work for them. This has created huge problem in organizational growth. … Advice to Senior Management: Take people in confidence. Explain to them current scenario rather than giving unreasonable excuses. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ciena.

Worked for Ciena? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciena reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ciena CEO Gary B. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Ciena employees.