Cigna

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Biased and Petty

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work is challenging but not hard to learn, the people are great and you get a lot of vacation. Pretty good money for Sioux Falls. We used to have fun working here when the atmosphere was relaxed and not Big Brother as it is now.

Cons

Everything is based on productivity "stats" and only so many people in a dept can be rated Outstanding; if more than that number perform similarly, they must be downgraded. Raises are used to reward or punish politically, not truly performance based. I have had no raises for 3 years. This year I was Outstanding but I didn't meet one metric by 3/1000ths of a point - which means I earned 997/1000ths of that point. It's very difficult to get sick or vacation days when you need them, and our pensions were frozen. The health insurance costs more for less each year and has stopped covering my major medications. People are fired for very little reason sometimes.

Start listening to the real reasons for such high turnover in Sioux Falls. Employee evaluations never ask the right questions and are so vague you don't get the answers you need.

578 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cigna

Pros

benefits
    workload not bad
    location
    great coworkers

okay place to work. located in chicago downtown near resturants and shops. the co-workers were great.

Cons

not flexible
    pay
    management
    workload

not flexible and the pay isn't near what the competitors are paying. managemnt doesn't seem
    to listen to employees suggetions.

organization is needed.

Cigna is a really great place to work

Current Employee - Health Educator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Health Educator in Plano, TX

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

It's innovative and leadership is excellent. You get the feeling that the leadership is taking the company in the right direction with the right strategy.

Cons

Like all big companies there is a lot of red tape for moving around and getting things done between all the different departments.

Lighten up on constraints around career progression. A person should not have to be in a position for a full year before doing something else if they are qualified and the opportunity presents itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna