Cigna

Biased and Petty

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The work is challenging but not hard to learn, the people are great and you get a lot of vacation. Pretty good money for Sioux Falls. We used to have fun working here when the atmosphere was relaxed and not Big Brother as it is now.

Cons

Everything is based on productivity "stats" and only so many people in a dept can be rated Outstanding; if more than that number perform similarly, they must be downgraded. Raises are used to reward or punish politically, not truly performance based. I have had no raises for 3 years. This year I was Outstanding but I didn't meet one metric by 3/1000ths of a point - which means I earned 997/1000ths of that point. It's very difficult to get sick or vacation days when you need them, and our pensions were frozen. The health insurance costs more for less each year and has stopped covering my major medications. People are fired for very little reason sometimes.

Start listening to the real reasons for such high turnover in Sioux Falls. Employee evaluations never ask the right questions and are so vague you don't get the answers you need.

Other Reviews for Cigna

My experience with Cigna was awful!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The hours are flexible. The rank and file are pretty decent folks. The amount of vacation time received is good.

Cons

The management is ambiguous and disappointing. It is like working inside of a Charlie Brown comic strip. You hear the muffled adult sounds, you have the football pulled away at the last moment, and only the dog makes sense. It is a waste of time to work here.

When an employee talks to you through the SpeakEasy program, pay attention! Investigate the claims the employee makes and follow through with your findings. Have an intermediary sit in on the 1:1 meetings and reviews.

Cigna is a really great place to work

Current Employee - Health Educator  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Health Educator in Plano, TX

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

It's innovative and leadership is excellent. You get the feeling that the leadership is taking the company in the right direction with the right strategy.

Cons

Like all big companies there is a lot of red tape for moving around and getting things done between all the different departments.

Lighten up on constraints around career progression. A person should not have to be in a position for a full year before doing something else if they are qualified and the opportunity presents itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!