Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

Biased and Petty

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work is challenging but not hard to learn, the people are great and you get a lot of vacation. Pretty good money for Sioux Falls. We used to have fun working here when the atmosphere was relaxed and not Big Brother as it is now.

ConsEverything is based on productivity "stats" and only so many people in a dept can be rated Outstanding; if more than that number perform similarly, they must be downgraded. Raises are used to reward or punish politically, not truly performance based. I have had no raises for 3 years. This year I was Outstanding but I didn't meet one metric by 3/1000ths of a point - which means I earned 997/1000ths of that point. It's very difficult to get sick or vacation days when you need them, and our pensions were frozen. The health insurance costs more for less each year and has stopped covering my major medications. People are fired for very little reason sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the real reasons for such high turnover in Sioux Falls. Employee evaluations never ask the right questions and are so vague you don't get the answers you need.

My experience with Cigna was awful!

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The hours are flexible. The rank and file are pretty… Cons: The management is ambiguous and disappointing. It is like working inside of a Charlie Brown comic strip. You hear the muffled adult sounds,… Advice to Senior Management: When an employee talks to you through the SpeakEasy program, pay attention! Investigate the claims the employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Cigna

Pros: benefits workload not bad location great coworkers okay place to work. located in chicago… Cons: not flexible pay management workload not flexible and the pay isn't near what the… Advice to Senior Management: organization is needed. More

There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.