There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Okay place to work

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global company with high growth in the international business

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement especially in finance.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

reviews filtered by

My experience with Cigna was awful!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are flexible. The rank and file are pretty decent folks. The amount of vacation time received is good.

Cons

The management is ambiguous and disappointing. It is like working inside of a Charlie Brown comic strip. You hear the muffled adult sounds, you have the football pulled away at the last moment, and only the dog makes sense. It is a waste of time to work here.

Advice to Management

When an employee talks to you through the SpeakEasy program, pay attention! Investigate the claims the employee makes and follow through with your findings. Have an intermediary sit in on the 1:1 meetings and reviews.

2. Biased and Petty

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work is challenging but not hard to learn, the people are great and you get a lot of vacation. Pretty good money for Sioux Falls. We used to have fun working here when the atmosphere was relaxed and not Big Brother as it is now.

Cons

Everything is based on productivity "stats" and only so many people in a dept can be rated Outstanding; if more than that number perform similarly, they must be downgraded. Raises are used to reward or punish politically, not truly performance based. I have had no raises for 3 years. This year I was Outstanding but I didn't meet one metric by 3/1000ths of a point - which means I earned 997/1000ths of that point. It's very difficult to get sick or vacation days when you need them, and our pensions were frozen. The health insurance costs more for less each year and has stopped covering my major medications. People are fired for very little reason sometimes.

Advice to Management

Start listening to the real reasons for such high turnover in Sioux Falls. Employee evaluations never ask the right questions and are so vague you don't get the answers you need.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna