Cigna

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Full of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you build and use your network and resources, there are so many opportunities and career paths. Culture is awesome and the prople are great. Company lives and breathes its mission and promise to our customers.

Cons

Very large company and fast paced environment. If you do not embrace change and do not stand behind the mission, may not be a fit for you.

This is the best leadership team in the industry

630 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Poor management but a decent salary.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Cigna full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, friendly coworkers who were willing to answer questions when I could not get information from management.

Cons

Lack of communications from management. Poor work/life balance. Management thought that because they didn't have a life, I needed to not have one too.

Come out of your offices on occasion to interact with the employees who work for you. Just because you work every night plus on the weekend doesn't mean that we all have to give up time with our families to work along with you.

Sink or swim

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Competitive salaries, large company so there is opportunity to change roles, overall worker bees are bright and are good to work with.

Cons

Cigna uses Management titles as promotion tools and from my experience in a few roles there: does not hire people with management talent. Onboarding consists of general online corporate training sessions and throwing you at one or more projects. In IT: lack of project organization. Get details about the structure and cost of benefits offered to employees. I've had better benefits at smaller companies outside the health insurance industry.

Listen to employee concerns and act on them before you lose good people. Do exit interviews. Offer employees PPO/HMO benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna