There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

work at Cigna.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Account Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Long reputation, financial strength. I enjoyed the collegial working environment and company cafeteria was a nice addition.

Cons

Large company. hard to get to know most senior managers not in your department.

Continue to listen to employees' ideas and continue to reinforce your goals and direction so everybdy is on board. plan for additional staffing so people feel they wont be overworked.

reviews filtered by
  1. pro cigna

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

the location is ideal. most of the people are at least ok to work with. there are lots of opportunities to learn stuff. cigna has online training courses that can be taken at home too. cigna spends a pretty good amount of time on training although im sure it could be better.

Cons

the technology isnt the best and sometimes its difficult to work the hours expected. there are a lot of people that seem to complain way too much about very petty things. however this is probably what happens everywhere. communication between departments and between management and staff isn't the best but thats the way it goes i guess

try to ask more detailed questions when getting survey information. sometimes the surveys are to general and probably dont help as much as they could

2. BOD met 2 decide 2 B dropped off block from building for qtrly meeting so we didn't see them get out of limos

Current Employee - Financial Controller in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Controller in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Nice work-life balance at CIGNA.

Cons

Forced rankings, low pay, corporate greed.

Let's start by cutting the corporate jets and the limos for the BOD meetings. That was a joke when you actually met to determine that you wanted to be dropped off a block away in order to avoid being spotting by us silly little pions that oh yeah, your company wouldn't be able to operate without. Thanks.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna