Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Good atmosphere, work from home option

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Horsham, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Cigna part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay...a lot of overtime

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

Hire more employees

539 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Hard to get pay raise or bonus when high performer.

Current Employee - Claims Processor  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex time,casual dress code, work @ home opportunities, good amount of PTO.

Cons

Poor training, want high claim productivty quotas while expecting 99% quality as well, virtual environment, management out of touch.

Try to find some balance between quantity and quality metrics. Also consider giving employees cost of living raises instead of expecting them to live on the same salary indefinately even if they have reached their market value for the position, as I'm sure you know prices are not going to get cheaper. I keep hearing in the news that Cigna is doing extremely well with profits, maybe give some of that back to the employess who helped Cigna to achieve those profits (aren't we a whole team?)

Make it more fair to achieve bonus, if someone is hitting or exceeding their metrics consistantly shouldn't they get something besides an "atta girl or boy" you shouldn't just give to the top 10% you can exceed metrics and still not be in the top 10. Better benefits, don't understand this; you work for the actual insurance company itself and the benefits are some of the worse I've seen.

Give more customized training instead of a "crash course" then expect claim processors to just be 100% at what they do.

Cigna Managers abuse their authority

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They pay fairly well and good vacation benefits. It is clean and out of the weather

Cons

The managers use their authority to bully and scare their employees. They use layoff scares to whip the employees into shape. They put the employees on written warnings and probation for petty reasons. There is no consideration for past accomplishments or history. You are at their will.

They need to allow the employees to review the managers. If they had to go through from us what we have to go through with them, they might have more feelings for the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!