Nurse Case Manager Specialist

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

managers were friendly and smart,

Cons

little pay increase after just 1%, health insurance wasn't cheap,

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

It's a job

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The job is easy after awhile, I mean it's repetitive work and you have to have some good customer service skills because you are called upon to give bad news alot, however the job isn't that hard. The company is flexible with opportunities for flex time, good vacation day allotment, early closings for holidays etc

Cons

Be sure to negotiate your salary, don't get into this job thinking you will get more than a 1 or 2 percent raise every year. And don't be surprised when you find out non-experienced new hires are brought in at comparable or even higher salaries than you are making even after many years on the job. The company does not care one bit about the revolving door, they have tons of people leaving over salary disputes but they don't seem to value the seasoned employee.

Advice to Management

I think as a whole ..the do as I say and not as I do approach that most management possesses as Cigna is very discouraging. Coupled with the favoritism and nepotism that is very widespread.

Glad to be gone

Former Employee - Claim Manager III in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Claim Manager III in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At time of hiring there was a competitive salary

Cons

Poor management running the show. Nothing logical or impartial about promoting people. There is no training available to new or existing management. Lack of leadership. Integrity is not used by management or claim managers. They only goal is to close as many LTD and fully insured STD claims as possible to save money.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is willing to give up their morals and good sense just to please management by closing claims. There are people who value integrity and will not sell out.