Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

The golden handcuffs...

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsThey have a great culture at Cigna that focuses on 'big-picture-improvement', whether it be with their employees, their customers, etc. They care deeply about their employees. yes, they offer very competitive pay and benefits, they have an outstanding home office with lots of ammenities, but most impressive is Cigna's promotion and commitment to open communication between segments, between departments, and between all levels of positions.

ConsI agree that there isn't much diversity amongst the upper management, but I feel like that is changing. In my years there I have seen a lot of executive positions go to women and other minorities.

Fine as a starting professional position, but not if you're a self starter or if you want your advanced degree to pay.

Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I've worked with some very pleasant people. The level of professionalism is decent, although that can range depending on… Cons: If you're already employed, dont expect to get a salary raise as a result of an MBA. Once you're in a box at Cigna, it's… Advice to Senior Management: Better career advancement and training opportunities. Current employee rating system is bogus, why should I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company in the right places

Software Architect (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Most of the 1st line managers in Technology are great. Work… Cons: Benefits in particular the health insurance gave limited options. very reluctant… Advice to Senior Management: It appeared that HR didn't closely monitor employee or more so contractor turnover. The team I was on went though contractors at alarming rate,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.