Cigna

www.cigna.com

Opportunities available, if in the right position

Current Employee - Care Senior Associate
Current Employee - Care Senior Associate

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company atmosphere, promote wellness and personal growth

Cons

Some positions do not have opportunity for advancement and growth or scheduling flexibility

Advertise certain positions more fairly and be more open to development in entry level positions

Other Reviews for Cigna

It's a job

Current Employee - Claims Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The job is easy after awhile, I mean it's repetitive work and you have to have some good customer service skills because you are called upon to give bad news alot, however the job isn't that hard. The company is flexible with opportunities for flex time, good vacation day allotment, early closings for holidays etc

Cons

Be sure to negotiate your salary, don't get into this job thinking you will get more than a 1 or 2 percent raise every year. And don't be surprised when you find out non-experienced new hires are brought in at comparable or even higher salaries than you are making even after many years on the job. The company does not care one bit about the revolving door, they have tons of people leaving over salary disputes but they don't seem to value the seasoned employee.

I think as a whole ..the do as I say and not as I do approach that most management possesses as Cigna is very discouraging. Coupled with the favoritism and nepotism that is very widespread.

It's insurance

I worked at Cigna full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a safe, comfortable job where you might not be challenged by your day-to-day work. But hey, some people are looking for that right? For the most part, the pay is very fair and good. There's a high turnover for some reason.

Cons

But it's also incredibly competitive, a bit catty, and the lunchroom feels like high school. Most insurance companies, especially global ones, are moving to a work from home environment. Cigna isn't.

Live the new brand, GO YOU, don't just market it.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!