Great for Technology

Former Intern - TECDP in Bloomfield, CT
Former Intern - TECDP in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for this position was very competitive, especially for an internship. They also offered access to company benefits.

Cons

The atmosphere is not for everyone. I did not specialize in technology in undergrad, and often found myself bored. When I asked for help, people often onlu knew what to do, not why they did it, or how it contributed to the larger picture.

Advice to Management

The on-boarding process could have been much easier. Granted I came in a little bit later than the other interns, It would have been nice to sit down with my manager to learn how the department worked.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. Average experience for a first job.

Former Employee - Claim Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Claim Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CIGNA provides training for their claim managers so you are prepared for your job upon entering the position.

Cons

Not the most professional of companies. When reviewed I was told multiple times that I could not advance because of "business needs".

2. Financially Savvy, Ethically Void

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They keep you very informed regarding the legislative changes that impact the healthcare industry. They strive to be proactive instead of reactive to the market. They offer flexibility in systems and processes that comeptitors don't. They understand where the healthcare market is going and how CIGNA will fit.

Cons

Its all about the bottom line and every year they re-invent themselves. When you represent CIGNA to the market you have to be prepared to explain why they have so much turnover and why they are always in flux. The market views it as unreliable. They leadership seems to dive into new markets and exit old ones without warning or long-term thought. The expectation is that you will respend to calls and emails no matter what - weekends, vacations, holidays.

Advice to Management

Pick a story and stick to it. People appreciate reliable partners.