Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

It is a stressful work environment, but opportunities to move up are available.

Current Employee - CSA in Sherman, TX
Current Employee - CSA in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are noticed for the work you do. If you do your job, management sees that and will sometimes show that appreciation.

Cons

Abuse from customers can be overwhelming, because you have no one on your side, it's a rarity to be abused. But if you are, don't bother to tell management.

Everything is about numbers. It can't be when you are helping people. They aren't numbers and although being customer centric is stressed. There are still those numbers that we have to adhere to. It's stressful doing both, I'm certain it can't be done properly. So it leaves those that are wonderful to customers, scared that they will lose their jobs because their numbers are not what you want them to be.

596 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Hard work, little room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, can work from home, hourly pay so can work overtime

Cons

All breaks are scheduled, on the phone 99 percent of the time as a Customer Service Representative, company does not match 401k plan, benefits aren't the greatest for a health insurance company, majority of incoming calls are complaint phone calls.

You should care less about stats and more about your employees and work environment.

Great for Technology

Former Employee - TECDP in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - TECDP in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The pay for this position was very competitive, especially for an internship. They also offered access to company benefits.

Cons

The atmosphere is not for everyone. I did not specialize in technology in undergrad, and often found myself bored. When I asked for help, people often onlu knew what to do, not why they did it, or how it contributed to the larger picture.

The on-boarding process could have been much easier. Granted I came in a little bit later than the other interns, It would have been nice to sit down with my manager to learn how the department worked.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna