Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Great company to work for

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Nice work/life balance at work

Cons

Opportunities fro advancement is limited

Need more global interaction between segments

541 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Cigna has no respect for their employees. Management is arrogant and thinks their staff is lazy.

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home is encouraged, although it comes with the expectation of working 24/7.

Cons

Very poor management. Little ability to understand how complex the business is, so they think that any trained monkey can do the job. Mountains of work leading to no work/life balance. Little ability to move ahead. No ability to negotiate work demands, so quality suffers and employees are penalized. Sweatshop atmosphere.

Right the ship or you won't have any employees.

An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked as a case manager. In my 'early' years there, I absolutely loved what I did.. outreaching to customers with medical issues who required assistance is obtaining needed health care services. Although all communication was telephonic, I was able to establish excellent rapport with the customers.
    I eagerly accepted the option to work at home. and it was a large savings in transportation costs, and travel concerns during bad weather. My morning commute consisted of carrying my morning cup of coffee from my kitchen upstairs to my office. Cigna provided a generous 'stipend' so I could set up my home office.

Cons

Way too many workflow changes proved to make case management very difficult. After the first few years, documentation seemed to take priority over communication with customers, making workloads much more cumbersome and unrealistic at times.
    I found that working from home proved to be a double edge sword. Although supervisory staff always stated they had no expectations other than an 8 hour work day for work at home staff, in order to maintain a feeling of 'keeping current' in documentation, the traditional 8 hour work day no longer existed for me (much to my family's dismay)

As an employee of a health care company, you would assume to get excellent coverage with reasonable premiums. My family's out of pocket expenses/ deductibles were extraordinarily high with very high premiums.

Don't make so many changes in the workflow process.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!