Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Pitts, PA
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked as a case manager. In my 'early' years there, I absolutely loved what I did.. outreaching to customers with medical issues who required assistance is obtaining needed health care services. Although all communication was telephonic, I was able to establish excellent rapport with the customers.
I eagerly accepted the option to work at home. and it was a large savings in transportation costs, and travel concerns during bad weather. My morning commute consisted of carrying my morning cup of coffee from my kitchen upstairs to my office. Cigna provided a generous 'stipend' so I could set up my home office.

Cons

Way too many workflow changes proved to make case management very difficult. After the first few years, documentation seemed to take priority over communication with customers, making workloads much more cumbersome and unrealistic at times.
I found that working from home proved to be a double edge sword. Although supervisory staff always stated they had no expectations other than an 8 hour work day for work at home staff, in order to maintain a feeling of 'keeping current' in documentation, the traditional 8 hour work day no longer existed for me (much to my family's dismay)

As an employee of a health care company, you would assume to get excellent coverage with reasonable premiums. My family's out of pocket expenses/ deductibles were extraordinarily high with very high premiums.

Don't make so many changes in the workflow process.

535 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

International Insurance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My manager is very flexible

Cons

No room for growth or to make more money

When interviewing to attract new employees, flexibility was promised until you got in the door for most.

Decent job, very poor management

Former Employee - CSA  in  Moosic, PA
    Former Employee - CSA in Moosic, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job is not very difficult if you don't mind being glued to a phone and computer. The salary and PTO is decent for the area and OT is available, especially if your stats are good. Co-workers are great, that is what I miss most.

Cons

Management is pathetic, especially front-line supervisors. They are either too scared to tell you the truth and tell you everything is ok or they are psychotic witches who micromanage and try to destroy all morale. There needs to be a balance. The differences between management personalities and rules are extreme. One doesn't write you up for anything the other writes you up for every little thing. There is a lot of change there, which is fine, but it doesn't line up with the companies vision. They do not give you the tools to meeting their constant changing goals.

Take a step back off your high horse and actually pay attention to the needs and ideas of your employees. There are a lot of talented people in that call center, listen to them and appreciate them! Also, for upper-management figure out what the heck the vision/goal of the company really is and give the employees the tools to achieve them!

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!