Cigna

www.cigna.com

An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Pitts, PA
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked as a case manager. In my 'early' years there, I absolutely loved what I did.. outreaching to customers with medical issues who required assistance is obtaining needed health care services. Although all communication was telephonic, I was able to establish excellent rapport with the customers.
I eagerly accepted the option to work at home. and it was a large savings in transportation costs, and travel concerns during bad weather. My morning commute consisted of carrying my morning cup of coffee from my kitchen upstairs to my office. Cigna provided a generous 'stipend' so I could set up my home office.

Cons

Way too many workflow changes proved to make case management very difficult. After the first few years, documentation seemed to take priority over communication with customers, making workloads much more cumbersome and unrealistic at times.
I found that working from home proved to be a double edge sword. Although supervisory staff always stated they had no expectations other than an 8 hour work day for work at home staff, in order to maintain a feeling of 'keeping current' in documentation, the traditional 8 hour work day no longer existed for me (much to my family's dismay)

As an employee of a health care company, you would assume to get excellent coverage with reasonable premiums. My family's out of pocket expenses/ deductibles were extraordinarily high with very high premiums.

Don't make so many changes in the workflow process.

Other Reviews for Cigna

Case Manager

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Professional
    * Some positions work from home
    * Promote from within

Cons

* High health care premiums and deductibles

* Keep on Keeping on

Great opportunity, liked working for CIGNA

Former Employee - Business Consultant  in  Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was selected to lead sub-projects, take on tasks I hadn't been able to before in my career. I got lucky and ended up with a lot of dynamic, smart personalities that made work "fun" - learned something new every day.

Cons

Many "old" legacy systems, high turnaround, lots of politics.

Try to implement a consulting firm to do a personality test prior to hiring staff - would cut down on the turnaround.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!